The Week the Net Found Its Bite: BikeMag discusses SOPA/PIPA

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum The Week the Net Found Its Bite: BikeMag discusses SOPA/PIPA

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

http://www.bikemag.com/news/news-of-the … -its-bite/

Great analysis of why SOPA and PIPA are bad for the internet, and would negatively impact the entire online mountain biking community.

If you’re not up to speed on this legislation, I encourage you to read the article and watch the videos (great for a refresher, even if you have been following it). If you know what it’s all about, I turn the question over to you: what is the best answer to online piracy?

We already have the laws in place to fight piracy. Just look what happened to MegaUpload. The site taken down the owners fined and jailed.

Why do we need more legislation?

"karlkenoyer" wrote

Why do we need more legislation?

How often do you think legislation is passed because "we need it" as opposed to "the corporations are funding it"?

RIAA/MPAA/ESA are the driving force behind this. After the blackouts and the b-tards making such a stink about it, the majority of senators have reversed their stance but this will be back in another form over and over again until it passes.

Embrace the piracy!!

Or at least the technology they use, specifically torrents and usenet. Switch from a standalone ad or commercial based revenue model and instead use blatant product placement and then just release the media into the wild.

Pirates don’t see the current ads anyway, so arguably market penetration would actually increase under this method.

And finally, this is why most pirates do what they do:

^^^^^^^^
      That is sofa king funny slacker!! dude you are soo right I get so damn sick of all the intro crap on a DVD and have no way around it I usually throw it in and find something to do knowing it’ll at least stop on the main menu and wait on me, but if you think thats bad check out a kids DVD its even worse

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.