Taka Issues MTB greg only

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Hey this For MTB greg, Well I got my Airborne taka, works great but after riding it yesterday, a strange rattleing sound started to sound from the fork when the front wheel was picked up, well jerked up, it isn’t the through axle, which is very tight, and it doen’t have a lose feel to it, any sugggestions would be great greg, thanks, wild west

Are you sure the headset has been tightened properly?

Yep, real tight

Looks like its time for a refresher on using Private Messages. Hook him up Greg.

This is where buying from an LBS comes into play..LOL! sorry greg couldn’t resist..

"Spartan" wrote

This is where buying from an LBS comes into play..LOL! sorry greg couldn’t resist..

Eh no offense, I’m not officially affiliated with them any more. Even if you bought from an LBS, you’d still have to take it in to get it worked on, and unless you had a really good warranty, you’d still be paying out of pocket.

"wildwestjake" wrote

Yep, real tight

In that case, I have no idea… never had that issue with my rig. Hard to say via the internet.

"mtbgreg1" wrote

[quote="Spartan":aynny68y]This is where buying from an LBS comes into play..LOL! sorry greg couldn’t resist..

Eh no offense, I’m not officially affiliated with them any more. Even if you bought from an LBS, you’d still have to take it in to get it worked on, and unless you had a really good warranty, you’d still be paying out of pocket.

"wildwestjake" wrote

Yep, real tight

In that case, I have no idea… never had that issue with my rig. Hard to say via the internet.[/quote:aynny68y]

I suppose that would depend on how long ago he bought it.

I bought a bike back in April and have brought it in twice for some work (nothing major, finding a squeak one time and just needing some lube the other) and both times it didn’t cost me a thing.

yah, I’m going to take it in and have a fork job done on it, if they can’t fix it, i’ll just make the money to buy a better one, thanks
      wild west

Well, after some asking around, I found out that I’m toping out the fork.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.