Suggestions for New Years Day Ride Near Atlanta

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

So every year I like to go for a mountain bike ride on New Year’s day to start things off right. Last year mudhunny and I made the trek to Oak Mountain State Park near Birmingham, AL. The year before it was Stonewall Creek Loop near Tallulah Falls, GA where the stream crossings were absolutely freezing.

This year I’d like to stick close to Atlanta but still get a fun ride in with some people. I’m thinking Fort Yargo might be a good choice or maybe even Harbins Park. Anyone else in?

Do not want to sound pestamistic but with the amount of rain the south was gotten I do not think the trails will be dried out by then.

(sorry been frustrated with the wet conditions and needed to female dog about it)

Sounds like you better come to Florida!

Dude, I would so totally be there! I currently live really close and would seriously be all over it, except I’m getting married the first (YESSSS!!!! 😃 😃 😃 ) and I can’t miss that!

"Goo" wrote

Dude, I would so totally be there! I currently live really close and would seriously be all over it, except I’m getting married the first (YESSSS!!!! 😃 😃 😃 ) and I can’t miss that!

Better not miss that Goo. Congratulations.!

Must say, Florida is sounding good to me too. Woke up to this, this AM.
      This kind of stuff doesn’t stop Funrover. 😆 I’m kind of a wuss about riding in the snow and ice. 😆
      I usually ride somewhere New Years day too, like Trek said – to start the new year out right. This year it might be on skiis. Its been really wet here too, after this melts it will be even wetter.

Hey CCR! Glad to see you are surviving the blizzard of ’09. Last night my riding buddy and neighbor came over for a couple of cold ones while we watched it snow. One thing led to another and we were out on my bikes. My old HardRock rigid did pretty good. My Tassajara was pretty squirrely though. Oh well, it was a challenge and blast even though we were just riding around the neighborhood.

I tried again this morning and it was a lot tougher going. May need to get some tips from Funrover. Not sure we’re going to get our trail ride in this weekend.

Sorry to hijack your thread Trek7. I would love to get a ride in on New Year’s Day, but it probably won’t be down your way…and that is if it happens at all. Wouldn’t be a bad tradition to begin though.

keeping the beers cold

snow tire

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

[quote="Goo":3szhiuvc]Dude, I would so totally be there! I currently live really close and would seriously be all over it, except I’m getting married the first (YESSSS!!!! 😃 😃 😃 ) and I can’t miss that!

Better not miss that Goo. Congratulations.!

[/quote:3szhiuvc]

Thanks man!

and my 2 cents about the weather: i’m ready for it to dry out too. weather for this next week is looking promising.

So it looks like GATR is planning a New Year’s Day ride at Yellow River:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=218354726704

Should be a good time, fingers crossed for no rain!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.