Stolen Bike

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hey all. Its been awhile since I’ve been on here. Been in school and haven’t had much time to go ridding. I brought my Cannondale F7 bike up to ride to class and the idea that I would go ridding on some trails…but didn’t end up doing so. Anyway, this past week I left my bike outside on the rack locked up with an OnGaurd 13mm cable lock…and it was stolen. everything gone. I usually keep it in my room but it got pretty muddy last week.

The real purpose in posting this I guess is to just get the word out that it is stolen..and if the purpose of the thief was to re-sell it that anyone on here might recognize the description if they saw or heard about it.

-Titanium Gold XL Cdale F7 frame
      -Red/black Crank Bro Smarty pedals
      -Odometer wiring and magnet set up, but no display device.
      -Crank Bro sticker on bottom tube down by bottom bracket. Small american flag sticker on top tube by seat post.
      -Old Rubber inner tube over right chain stay.
      -Rest is stock…see profile pic.

I’m really, really pissed off that someone would do this. I just can’t believe it. I worked so hard to buy that bike last March and now, it just seems like a wasted 600 dollars. I know this has happened to a lot of us. And we ALL hate it.

I’d appreciate it if you were to hear of a bike with somewhat of the same description to let me know.
      thanks.

I don’t suppose you registered your lock with Onguard did you? They have an anti theft guarantee but yoiu have to have registered and have the broken lock. Unfortunately, most of the time people have NEITHER.

http://www.onguardlock.com/?page_id=486

That sucks Bigdave08!
      You should also put up a post on MMBA.org and make a quick road trip to the Fort and post a flyer w/a pic of the bike as well seeing how you are pretty close to their if you haven’t already.

I bought 3 locks for mine

kryptonite D-Lock
      Kryptonite Cable extention
      Abus Chain Lock

i still have moments where i dont want to take my bike beacuse i dont have anywhere safe to lock it,

i also took this

http://www.cycleguard.co.uk/

out to insure the bike against theft but also gives me liability insurance incase i run anyone over. the locks are heavier than the bike! making it difficult to move with me, i also bought an IP camera for when its at home and registered the bike with specialized and taken multiple photos.

there is a chemical burning process the police do to tag the bike but it will damage the frame. i was also looking into small GPS trackers but can only find them for motorbikes and cars.

Its a poor state of affairs when you need to take these steps to protect your property

Dac

Sorry to hear that man. That sucks! If you are interested I have an 09 F7 that I was thinking about putting up for sale shortly. Love the bike but it is just a tad to big for me. Nothing wrong with the bike at all, only been ridden for the past five months I just want to start putting money away for a different bike this spring. It is all stock and is a Large frame, not sure if it would be big enough for you or not. I’m in Lansing. PM me if interested. I’ll keep my eye’s peeled for a bike that might be your’s that pops up for sale any where. Good luck.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.