Single Track at school

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I am a teacher at Sapphire Coast Anglican College in Bega, NSW, Australia, we are building a single track and pump track at our school.

So far it has been a farily slow process but we are making progress. The pump track is rideable however it still needs some work and construction on the cross coutry single track has only just began.

Just wanted to get your thoughts.

Thanks

Sounds like an amazing school to build a singletrack. Throw up some pictures when you get the chance.

Very nice! Yeah I’d definitely like to check out some pictures.

This is the picture I took of the pump track a few days ago it has had a bit of work since then.

[url][url=http://www.singletracks.com/mountain-bike/photo.php?photoID=42298]Image[/url][/url]

Its Friday night here and is school holidays for the next 3 weeks. I am hoping to head out on Monday have a bit of a ride on the pump track, continue working on the single track and take some more photos.

I cant do a lot over the holidays as the idea for this project is to have the students help build and maintain the track.

In saying that I am very open to ideas/suggestions from anyone.

Make sure you set the pumptrack up correctly the first time. Pay particular attention to drainage. All pumptracks need upkeep. The better the drainage, the less work it will need.

A great book to pick up is "Welcome to Pump Track Nation" by Lee McCormack. It’s fairly inexpensive and it’ll give you tips and tricks on how to properly set up the track. He is also available for consulting and designing pumptracks, but I have no idea how much that would run.

Good luck!

Here is a photo of the back paddock of the school about 1/2 of the single track is in this area. Yellow lines are up hill sections and red is downhill.

This is the view from the back of the school oval I imagine this will be a popular spot to be on race days.

The singletrack, from what I can tell, looks well planned. About how long will it be?

"Jarrett.morgan" wrote

The singletrack, from what I can tell, looks well planned. About how long will it be?

I think it will be about 3 km’s. It could be a bit longer but at this stage we are going to go with quality rather than quantity and perhaps look at expanding in the future.

As for the design I have had a lot of help from a local trail designer who designed the trails at Tathra. They are amazing and worth having a look at if you havent already.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.