Shut up and Ride!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

I stepped up on my soapbox a little for this post…I just felt it needed to be said…

http://www.themountainbikelife.com/2013 … -ride.html

Read that bright and early this morning. Was a nice writing to see first thing. Thank you

Thanks nickrm, sometimes I just get a bit tired of all the Internet experts that I see…so I had to rant a little…lol.

Agreed! Granted this forum seems a lot better then some that I have been on that half of the posts are bashing one thing or an other! This read really makes me want to just shut up and go hop on my bike though!!

I feel a lot more at ease starting a thread on here with a question that I have on most other boards. On other boards if the question was asked 5 years prior, you will hear about it and how you must be incompetent because you didn’t know how to type the right combination of words into a search bar. On here, your question gets answered and them some. Just my $0.02. Which is also a reason I don’t mind wearing my SingleTracks T-shirt and having the sticker on my vehicles

"nickrm" wrote

I feel a lot more at ease starting a thread on here with a question that I have on most other boards. On other boards if the question was asked 5 years prior, you will hear about it and how you must be incompetent because you didn’t know how to type the right combination of words into a search bar. On here, your question gets answered and them some. Just my $0.02. Which is also a reason I don’t mind wearing my SingleTracks T-shirt and having the sticker on my vehicles

I feel the same way. Other forums you are talked down to because "you don’t know that!" or you are new to the sport! Here it seems very accepting and like a good groupe of good ole enthusiasts! I know with me if the conversation is about something I really enjoy then it doesn’t matter how many times I have given my knowledge or opinion, I am always willing to talk about it. There is never a time where I would cut somewone down for not finding the answer to their question with the search function. Heck I would rather have the interaction with an other person with the same interest then hit the search button any day!

Nice post. Thanks for sharing.

CP1
      "Stl_Greaser" wrote

Agreed! Granted this forum seems a lot better then some that I have been on that half of the posts are bashing one thing or an other!

Jeez, MTBR and PinkBike chime in here…. 😆 😆 😆

Yep, that’s what I always tell them, shut up, get off the computer, and go ride… 😉

Most of the time it is just kids thinking they are more than what they assume they are or trying to make a mark in the world in a false and misleading manner. The rest, just think they are above all…."Cyber Bullies!!!"

Yep…."Shut up and go ride for goodness sake!" 😄

Yeah, I find it is getting better in forums because people are realizing that the community is less than appreciative of that kind of behaviour, but I find PB comments to really make me want to turn off the computer and just ride…lol.

Keep up the good work here, I am rather new to this group but I really like what I see.

"pedalhound" wrote

I stepped up on my soapbox a little for this post…I just felt it needed to be said…

http://www.themountainbikelife.com/2013 … -ride.html

Well put. Its all about getting in your own personal zone and having fun. Whats right for one may not be right for others, after all we are all individuals.

"CP1" wrote

Most of the time it is just kids

I think you hit the nail on the head! I can’t speak with certainty but I think the average age of the members here is a little older then that of pinkbike. Which in turn keeps things a little more low key compared to the already mentioned sites.

geez, nice wheels. cost more than my bike.

and oh, fun article too. keep ’em coming.

"slipfinger" wrote

[quote="CP1":2w39o0dy]Most of the time it is just kids

I think you hit the nail on the head! I can’t speak with certainty but I think the average age of the members here is a little older then that of pinkbike. Which in turn keeps things a little more low key compared to the already mentioned sites.[/quote:2w39o0dy]
      Sorry folks. I keep that number a little higher than normal. 😆

Good points all. If its one thing I don’t like, its the anonymous person spouting how everyone sucks. I come and go as far as readership here, been a member for a LONG time, but whenever I come back, it is always pleasant.

And on the note about asking advice, I couldn’ t agree more. I hate the "don’t you know how to use the search function, you idiot!" Well, yes I do as a matter of fact, but why would I want to read a 2 year old post when someone might have newer info!

Here’s a +1 for the Singletracks community.

And since I’m done rambling, enjoyed your post OP. I’m going to add your site to my RSS reader 😃

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.