Seeking local information for Louisville KY

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I will be visiting in a couple of weeks on business and would like to tack and extra day onto the trip to sample some local singletrack. I am sport class XC/trail rider from the northeast. I am looking for info on local shops that would rent a decent bike, as well as some top notch Kentucky trails (ideally with views) within an hour of town. Thanks in advance.

Chris
      http://mo7s.blogspot.com/

As far as a LBS that does MTB rentals, someone else will have to fill you in on that. My shop by my house doesn’t do rentals and neither does the other shop I go to. Within an hour of central Louisville your best bet is either Fort Duffield, Waverly Park, or even Cherokee Park/Seneca Park. I think that Fort Duffield is the most challenging of the three and has some good views from the top of the park. If you can make a little more of a drive Brown County Park is better than all three. Daniel Boone National Forrest is good too but even more of a drive. If it was me I would make a little extra drive and go to Brown County Park, just my opinion though.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.