Rockshox Upgrade Question

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

My 2010 hardtail came with Rockshox Dart forks that have recently crapped out.  I’m looking to upgrade but want to stick with Rockshox because overall they’ve been good to me.  I’m thinking about the Reba.  Will the new forks of the same brand be compatible with my older 2010 frame?  They should be compatible with my disc brakes and have the same amount of travel.

It probably needs a straight steerer tube, right? Then yes, you should try to snag a Reba from somewhere (eBay, Workdwide Cyclery – where I got mine). I slapped a Reba on my DB Overdrive because it’s really the only decent fork out there that you can still find with a straight steerer tube and 9mm QR. It’s a great fork though.

You could save money and get a Recon. It’s not the best fork in the world but is plenty sufficient for most trails. It’s also pretty easy to get the straight steerer and 9mm QR for around 150 to 200.

Like Rebus said, the determining factor will be the steerer tube shape. If your head tube flares at the bottom, that means you need a tapered steerer fork. If it’s the same diameter at the top and bottom, you need a straight steerer.

It’s possible to use a straight steer fork on a tapered tube frame, but you would need a new headset to make this work.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.