Rock Shox

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I just bought a 2013 Superfly 100 AL FS 29er. I read the owners manual and it does not say how much air pressure to use in the fork rock shox or the FS rock shox. I guess my question is where do I find that info?

The amount of air pressure will depend on your sag setting. 20% sag is a good starting point. There will be a max pressure setting stamped somewhere on the fork and shock.

You are going to have to experiment with different pressures to see what works for you.

Looks like your model came with the Reba RL, Greg did a review of the Airborne Goblin which comes with the same fork so he will have some more insight into how he set his sag up.

Take it back to the shop you bought it from, and get them to show you how to set it up. They should have done that already.

"dgaddis" wrote

Take it back to the shop you bought it from, and get them to show you how to set it up. They should have done that already.

+1 on that as well, should never have never left the shop without them setting it all up for you…

LBS should have done it for you, but if you don’t want to go back into the shop, Trek’s website has it all laid out very nicely.

"slipfinger" wrote

The amount of air pressure will depend on your sag setting. 20% sag is a good starting point. There will be a max pressure setting stamped somewhere on the fork and shock.

You are going to have to experiment with different pressures to see what works for you.

Looks like your model came with the Reba RL, Greg did a review of the Airborne Goblin which comes with the same fork so he will have some more insight into how he set his sag up.

My fork (and basically all Rock Shox products I have used in recent years) came with a cheat sheet on the side of the fork. The recommended air pressure for your weight is a great starting point, and then I adjust from there. Many modern forks have sag measurements printed right on them and an o ring to check compression, so just adjust pressure until you get about 20-25% sag.

If there isn’t a printed sag measurement on the fork and there isn’t a cheatsheet on the fork stanchion, you can always just bust out a ruler or a measuring tape to see what kind of sag you’re getting.

Thanks for the info guys. Now waiting patiently for spring to arrive.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.