Rock Shox Recon 351

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I was thinking of picking up this fork if I can pick it up cheap:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … K:MEWAX:IT

I have read some reviews and most people seem to like it. The travail adjustability seems like a nice thing to have too. I use my bike for fairly light off road duty as well as street riding.

Any opinions on this fork?

I measured my steering tube and mine is 210mm. I have rearranged my spacers to drop my handle bars down 25mm. I’ll go for a ride later today and see how it feels.

Just went for a short ride with the lower bar position. I didn’t really think I would be able to notice being that I am so new to mtbing, but I was wrong. As soon as I stood up and started pedaling I noticed the bike felt much different in a really good way. There was always a slight awkwardness while standing and riding before, but I had know idea what it was. Even if I don’t get the fork I am still keeping my handle bars at there new height.

I didn’t get the fork off ebay, but I did buy one from jensonusa.com that was on closeout for only a little bit more. This may be better anyway bc it has a warranty. I can’t wait to swap out my old fork and see how this one performs in comparison.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.