Roads and trails in Grand County, CO to close temporarily

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum Roads and trails in Grand County, CO to close temporarily

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      If you are heading out into the forest roads and trails in Grand County this summer, be sure to check the Forest Service’s website for closures. The US Forest Service will be removing roadside hazards along primary forest service roads.

Almost every popular national forest access in Grand County will be affected at some point during the spring and summer, from mountain biking access near the towns of Winter Park and Fraser to hiking and backpacking trailheads to anglers and campers who use the Arapaho National Recreation Area (ANRA).

About 15 campgrounds and hundreds of campsites may be affected by closures, which are intended to take place on a rotating basis so that only one area at a time is affected.

West Range Reclamation LLC of Hotchkiss has been awarded the contract by the Forest Service to remove dead and dying trees located within 66 feet of the side of the roads. The number of closed areas will depend on the number of crews the contractor has available, said Craig Magwire, District Ranger.
      In the Fraser Valley, Armstrong confirmed that trail closures will not affect the popular Epic Singletrack Series.

“There are five dates Laurie Mooney, from the Competition Center gave us, and they will not be interrupted,” Armstrong said.

Read more here: http://www.skyhidailynews.com/article/2 … ofile=1067

Thanks for the heads up–was hoping to hit a trail or two up there this summer.

No problem! The main article recommended just calling the local ranger station for updates before you travel.

Got it. Funny how much "local" info I get from you 2k miles away. Again, thanks for keeping us all in touch. 😎

"skibum" wrote

Got it. Funny how much "local" info I get from you 2k miles away. Again, thanks for keeping us all in touch. 😎

Haha that [i:md0f894w]is[/i:md0f894w] funny! Glad I can be of help!

"skibum" wrote

😆 😆 I was just thinking the same thing! Thanks for the heads up as I am often up there!

Thanks for posting this information Greg. Sad that I live here and didn’t think to post it on this website, glad you did.

The trail closures will be temporary and there are plenty of trails in the County that will remain open during the logging. Just call ahead and enjoy the trails. We are already snow free and ready to ride!!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.