Riders near Sacramento

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Hi my name is Wade. I’m relatively new to trail riding and looking for some people to go ride with and to push my abilities farther. If anyone wants to go ride within like 40miles or so of Sacramento hit me up. Also I’m new to the forum so "Whats up everyone?". 😉

Wow! No one rides mountain bikes near Sacramento. That sucks. 😐

Lol! I have seen your posts everywhere on the forums and I’m happy you took time to answer on my post. The name Mongofast came from many things but really its "Mongo" from the movie Blazing Saddles and "fast" from the fact that I love speed. They call me Mongo cause I am pretty big dude and very funny. That sucks that people from Sac don’t visit this site very much anymore. I was really hoping to find some people around here to ride with and gain some knowledge from. I don’t like that a lot of my new info comes from biased bike shops. I’m a car guy so I know a ton about cars and only a little about bikes. I love this site for the trail maps and new products and such. Sucks though that the only bikers I find are well, not cool at all. I don’t get how owning top end bikes means you need to be a d#$% around here. Don’t get me started on road bike people. ARGH! If you see anyone with a good attitude and likes to ride send em my way. Heck I make a great body guard. 😆

Here is a link to a meet up group in Sacramento.
      http://mtb.hammerinwheels.com/
      It is a group on Meetup.com and it looks like they have a big amount of members. I was part of it but I live in Tahoe and most of the rides aren’t worth me going all that way for. Lots of really good trails up here.
      Create a profile, join and meet some other peddlers!!

Chilipepper- Ya man thanks for the help and it always feels good to make someone laugh.
      Tarvisq- Thanks for the info on the Sacramento MTB club. I really appreciate it.

I used to live in Fair Oaks,I think this is the time of year when the weather is great for ridin.Maybe everyone in Sac is riding. 😃

I lived in Reno for several years and used to cruise down the mountain to Auburn and ride the trails near the American river, great network there and there was always a fun crowd out there riding. Tried the Salmon Falls tr (?) on the SE end of Folsom lake last year and loved that too. That however is as close to riding in Sac as I have got. There is also a new network in the Cool area that I hope to find and get a report up here within the next month.
      Im not sure why the west coasters arent more active on here, oh well.

Good Luck Buddy- if you do find some riders send them this way will ya

I have rode the full circle of Folsom and hit just about every dirt turn off along the way. Im not sure what trails I was on half the time but I know I’m still missing the trail that goes more West away from the lake along the river. I usually try not to get to lost without a buddy for emergencies and the nine year old I take sometimes is my safety concern so I cant take him places I haven’t been. Im going to hit that trail next time. Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Now this looks like a thread.

Welp Bidwell Park in Chico is more than 40 miles, but if you like rocks, with more rocks on top of lava bed. There are also dirt and trees.

Closed when wet is the rule in Upper park

Thanks Juan. I’ll have to check it out sometime. Apparently everyone might come to me soon since Elk Grove is building this huge bike park in Elk Grove Park. What they plan on building is awesome.

I’m in the Folsom Area, I’d be down for a ride sometime. Send me an email.
      Justin

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.