Revoking Strava access

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

How can i revoke access to Strava? Beta keeps getting my trails ridden wrong, even after correcting it many times. I would prefer to check in on my own at this point.

Thanks in Advance.

https://www.strava.com/settings/apps

If you don’t mind, can you post an example of a ride where the wrong trail was selected? We might be able to fix the issue…

For instance my ride tonight at Granite Bay it shows as being from Old Folsom to Granite Bay. I have corrected this many times and it still does the same thing each ride. I would think that once i correct a error then from then on it would show the correct trail ridden.

I dont know what is involved in the coding. I enjoy the site and want to contribute I would just like it to pick the correct trail after correcting it. All 10 of my Granite Bay rides shown have been corrected except tonights.

Also any rides that show Folsom to Granite Bay on or around Oct 27, 2013 and before are actual rides.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks for the feedback.

I’m not super familiar with how the trails are organized there but looking at the Singletracks maps for "Granite Bay Trail" and "Old Folsom to Granite Bay," they seem to overlap a ton. Specifically it looks like Old Folsom just adds part of the American River trail to Granite Bay and if that’s the case, we should probably just remove Old Folsom as a trail listing entirely. What do you think? There’s another listing for "Hazel to Granite Bay" which should probably be removed as well.

The way our system "guesses" which trails people are riding is based off previous map submissions, not necessarily the individual "corrections" submitted by individuals. So if you’re riding the same route each week it’s going to keep guessing the same trail unless the Singletracks trail map is updated.

Id say leave it then because people ride those other trails also. I can change it on my end. I thought maybe the programming was set up to correct it.
      Thanks

people ride those other trails also

So the question is, what should we call "those other trails" since they’re separate from Granite Bay? The idea behind the Singletracks trail database is to list unique trails with no overlap.

Now, in some cases with named trails [i:3nbiniqm]within[/i:3nbiniqm] a larger system, we’ll create sub-listings. For example, say there’s a trail called the Blue trail within Granite Bay park. We’d want a listing for Granite Bay and also a listing for the Blue Trail. Like this:

Granite Bay
      Granite Bay -> Blue Trail

Does that make sense?

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.