rare fox triad shox

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

hey can anyone help me because i am looking at a specialized stumpjumper FSR comp and the rear shox is the fox triad, the problem is i cant find any information on the shox. can some one help me?

what year is the bike??The fox website goes back to 2006 in there archives.What do you need to know about the shock?That shock is pretty basic,so if it’s not working or somthing it wouldnt be such a big deal to get it fixed unless it’s dented or somthing.

cjm

I googled (that’s a verb now) "Fox Triad" and got about a half a dozen hits. From what I can tell it’s a custom valved Fox RP3 or RP23 with custom silver Specialized sticker. It appears to have all features, desired and undesired, of that line-up of shocks.

Custom valving for that setup would probably entail Fox and Specialized working together to get the pro-pedal nicely balanced for the bike and its intended use.

cjm

I googled (that’s a verb now) "Fox Triad" and got about a half a dozen hits. From what I can tell it’s a custom valved Fox RP3 or RP23 with custom silver Specialized sticker. It appears to have all features, desired and undesired, of that line-up of shocks.

Custom valving for that setup would probably entail Fox and Specialized working together to get the pro-pedal nicely balanced for the bike and its intended use.

Is that what he is asking???whether or not the shock will work with the stumpjumper???I own a 2007 stumpjumper elite so that question might have been overly obvious to me,hahah,but seriously the stumpjumper was built around the fox triad shock and is what come’s on the sj’s from the factory.I dont know about the older triad shock’s,although I am a clysesdale rider at 280 plbs. and the shock is working perfectly for me.The only thing that I could complain about is maby that it doesnt adjust as pinpoint as it could.???But they are basic shock’s as far as functionallity and build up.A simple seal kit and rebuild you could do yourself for cheap as long as you have some tools and a vice.Even then,a bike shop would do it for cheap as well I would think.
      Is there somthing specific you need to know about the shock??If your looking for a specific kind of shock that will hold up to a certain kind of riding your looking to do,the triad came on my 2007 sj advertised as xc,all mountain,and possibly a little free ride.Although at my weight I tend to shy away from drops,jumps,and riding too fast through rock garden’s.

what i’m saying is that i go to the fox web site its not there but it says on the specialized website it has the fox triad as the rear shox, then i go back to the fox website and look at the 2006 website and there is still no shox. I then google it and read that it was made in 04 or 05 and i didn’t get how a 2008 specialized stump-jumper FSR comp could have a 2005 fox Triad

HAHAHA,I see what is going on now,the traid shock is not one of there shock’s they advertise to sell on the market as such.It is purpous built for the stumpjumper and one or two other bike’s they make,and is built in conjunction with specialized spec’s and doesnt get advertised because it is not built to sell,it’s built for specialized.
      I am pretty sure specialized own’s a portion of fox manufacturing so they can build there own shock’s and fork’s so they can keep there name on them.
      If you want to see info and spec’s on the triad,go to foxracingshox.com,then to bikes,then to tech center,and then to owner’s manuals.
      The tech center is where you should be able to find whatever you need,although when I just went there I couldnt click on owner’s manual’s???havent been there for awhile but it used to work.
      Hope this help’s dude.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.