Quarry Mesa Jan 20

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

Had to find a trail that was not mud. With the quick snow melt from the last week this was hard to do. Luckily Quarry Mesa was in good shape, there was some soft areas…but not muddy (For those near this area Ryolite Park is like soup, don’t even try it). Had a great time with my buddy and will most likely return this week.

We haven’t had a dry trail in months. Glad to see you are still able to get out. Looks like a nice ride. 😀

It was fun, and it has been awhile since I had a trail that dry also. It was kinda weird LOL

Nice pics. I like the one with the long shadows. I am amazed at how many trails you have access to. It seems you ride a different trail every week. That’s gotta be nice.

There are lots of reasons to live in Colorado, but mountain biking is a huge one!

That trail, being on top of the mesa like that, always dries fast.

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

We haven’t had a dry trail in months. Glad to see you are still able to get out. Looks like a nice ride. 😀

yeh all this rain down in the SE is getting depressing. the trails get almost ready to ride… and then it rains again. lame

I do like it, there are trails all over this state, you just have to be willing to drive to them! Thanks for the compliments

Pretty much the only difference on Quarry Mesa between summer and winter is rattlesnakes.

By the way, I was talking with a guy from Castle Rock Parks and Rec and they got a grant for further development there. It should be really fun when they finish it all.

"maddslacker" wrote

Pretty much the only difference on Quarry Mesa between summer and winter is rattlesnakes.

By the way, I was talking with a guy from Castle Rock Parks and Rec and they got a grant for further development there. It should be really fun when they finish it all.

Sweet, there seems to be ample space to route trails, just no one has done it

"Funrover" wrote

[quote="maddslacker":26l1j7zn]Pretty much the only difference on Quarry Mesa between summer and winter is rattlesnakes.

Sweet, there seems to be ample space to route trails, just no one has done it[/quote:26l1j7zn]

I need to get over there and ride that trail soon. I live a couple miles north of the Hidden Mesa trail just off CO-83. I have ridden the Ridgeline trails, but have yet to get over to Quarry Mesa. I might have to put it on the "to do" list for this week, weather permitting!

Looks like you guys had fun. Your lucky, 20’s and snowing here, grrrrrrrrrr. Just got a new bike a few weeks ago and have only been able to go on one road ride since I got it. Got warm enough the other day just to turn the local trails into a muddy soup. 😢

"Goo" wrote

[quote="CraigCreekRider":28xubh5y]We haven’t had a dry trail in months. Glad to see you are still able to get out. Looks like a nice ride. 😀

yeh all this rain down in the SE is getting depressing. the trails get almost ready to ride… and then it rains again. lame[/quote:28xubh5y]

I hear ya. We got another inch+ yesterday. They are closing roads downtown in anticipation of the river cresting later today.

"F7Cannon" wrote

Your lucky, 20’s and snowing here, grrrrrrrrrr.

That wouldn’t stop Funrover!

"fleetwood" wrote

[quote="Goo":jei6xoet][quote="CraigCreekRider":jei6xoet]We haven’t had a dry trail in months. Glad to see you are still able to get out. Looks like a nice ride. 😀

yeh all this rain down in the SE is getting depressing. the trails get almost ready to ride… and then it rains again. lame[/quote:jei6xoet]

I hear ya. We got another inch+ yesterday. They are closing roads downtown in anticipation of the river cresting later today.

[/quote:jei6xoet]

wow, that’s crazy. everything’s been flowing high here as well, but not that high.

"nanook" wrote

[quote="Funrover":j6a4208a][quote="maddslacker":j6a4208a]Pretty much the only difference on Quarry Mesa between summer and winter is rattlesnakes.

Sweet, there seems to be ample space to route trails, just no one has done it[/quote:j6a4208a]

I need to get over there and ride that trail soon. I live a couple miles north of the Hidden Mesa trail just off CO-83. I have ridden the Ridgeline trails, but have yet to get over to Quarry Mesa. I might have to put it on the "to do" list for this week, weather permitting![/quote:j6a4208a]

Totally! I would head that way for a short ride if I could also. Just plan on doing a few laps as it is a short trail!

"Funrover" wrote

Had a great time with my buddy and will most likely return this week.

If you are ever looking for another somebody to ride with, you should let me know. I ride Hidden Mesa pretty frequently, since I’m so close and can leave from my driveway. But I would be interested in riding Ridgeline and Quarry Mesa more in the future. I also hit the Greenland/Spruce Mtn/Spruce Meadows trails somewhat regularly.

"nanook" wrote

[quote="Funrover":2lgor4aw]Had a great time with my buddy and will most likely return this week.

If you are ever looking for another somebody to ride with, you should let me know. I ride Hidden Mesa pretty frequently, since I’m so close and can leave from my driveway. But I would be interested in riding Ridgeline and Quarry Mesa more in the future. I also hit the Greenland/Spruce Mtn/Spruce Meadows trails somewhat regularly.[/quote:2lgor4aw]

Sounds great, I am still learning what is around me.. I keep escaping to the Jeffco area

"Funrover" wrote

Sounds great, I am still learning what is around me.. I keep escaping to the Jeffco area

The only Jeffco trails I have ridden so far are Deer Creek Canyon and Green Mountain. But I have also been out past Sedalia to the Indian Creek and Ringtail/Swallowtail trails.

"nanook" wrote

[quote="Funrover":4b60ovf3]Sounds great, I am still learning what is around me.. I keep escaping to the Jeffco area

The only Jeffco trails I have ridden so far are Deer Creek Canyon and Green Mountain. But I have also been out past Sedalia to the Indian Creek and Ringtail/Swallowtail trails.[/quote:4b60ovf3]

IC Loop is fun! I have friends in Golden that I ride with so it’s easier since I get off of work before they do

Viewing 17 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.