Problems at Bicycleeverything.com

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

I just went through a lengthy ordeal with the retailer bicycleeverything.com. It started in early November when I ordered a new bicycle light from them. Usually when ordering online, retailers allow customers to create an account to know when their items ship. This was also the case with this merchant. But every time I went online to check the status of my order, the status was “awaiting fulfillment”. Even now it still shows “awaiting fulfillment” for my order and I’ve finally received it. And I tried calling the merchant dozens of times at the 888-222-9887 number listed on their website but I could never get an answer. I e-mailed them numerous times and never got only one reply saying “it will ship soon”. Also according to their website, they offer shipping to military APO/FPO addresses. But when I placed my order and tried inputting my APO military address, I got a message saying that they could not ship my light to my military address. So I ended up having to send it to my mom in Texas and have her forward it to me at an added postal charge. Since I needed the light fast, I opted for the UPS shipping service listed on their website, only to find out later that the merchant used USPS instead. What an experience! It took almost a month to get my light. Then to top it all off, the seal on the box had been broken, so I don’t know if the merchant sent me a previously owned product or what. The light I ordered was the NiteRider 1400 Pro LED, for $489.00. I certainly hope others have had a better experience with this company. Needless to say they will not see any more business from me. 😢

One more reason to support the local bike shops or support local in general. I know, I know its "cheaper" online, but look at the bull$hit you have to put up with, look at the service, look how long it takes, possibly reconditioned? I go to my local shop for almost everything I buy. If they don’t have it, I have them order it for me. When I bought my light a month ago or so, I walked in, my guys showed me everything they have, helped me pick on best suited for my needs, and I left with a light…done! Plus, he gave me a discount because one, I go there a lot, and two, he know I do trail work on the local trail. Support them a lot and they’ll usually offer you a discount and the service is usually second to none. These are also the guys who are working on you bike and will take care of you in a crunch.

Mmm. I’m not familiar with this outfit. I have had very good luck with Jenson USA, Performance Bikes, Nashbar and PricePoint as far as online shipping, service,etc. Something smells fishy with this one. 😏 No way it should have took a month. When I shop online I almost always have my stuff within a week. Sometimes UPS wants someone to sign for more expensive stuff which adds complication.

I opted for the UPS shipping service listed on their website, only to find out later that the merchant used USPS instead.

This is what I found in a search;

All APO / FPO shipments must be made by using the United States Post Office (USPS).

Here is the link where I found this;

[url:34qht5ht]http://www.engineersupply.com/APO-FPO-Military-Addresses.aspx[/url:34qht5ht]

Here also is the search results page link I used to get to the above link,has much info on APO/FPO postal service to military personel…

[url:34qht5ht]http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Asl8_ZHmjmd6Yiwb2HIYEy.bvZx4?p=military+APO%3B%2FFPO+mailing&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701[/url:34qht5ht]

As for the bicycleeverything.com,chilipepper makes a good point,maby they were backordered??Maby they just dont have as good as online practices as the more well known sites such as jenson USA,performance,price point etc…

I dont know if everything has to be shipped from USPS or just from engineering.com but I wonder if that’s what went wrong,I have no experience shipping to or from APO/FPO mail sevice…

I saw somewhere that the batteries used are not allowed to be mailed outside the US. Wonder if this could be the hold up?

$699 lights for $489? Sounds like a good deal to me.

Seems like maybe the box seal could have been broken during customs (batteries and wires do tend to look suspicious). Did your mom notice the open box before she sent it on to you?

I’ve noticed when shopping for camera equipment for my wife that there are some online retailers with incredible advertised prices, but that are an absolute pain to deal with, if not outright dishonest.

This could be one of those retailers.

It’s possible that the light had to be back ordered, or maybe this merchant just orders his parts as requests come in. The company info I found shows them based in Indianapolis, but again that might just be a postal address. Hard to say now-a-days. According to the box the light itself is made in the U.S.A by NiteRider out of San Diego. The original shipping documents showed it shipped from Indianapolis to my mom’s home in Texas.
      It is a great light, NiterRider advertises a burn time of 2½ hours at the full 1400 lumens but I’ve been getting right at 3 hours on it so far. I was riding behind a buddy a couple of nights ago and he glanced back at me and got temporarily blinded! As far as supporting the local bike shops, I’m all for it. But being stationed overseas really limits my options many times. Basically everything that goes to an APO military address has to be shipped by USPS. Most retailers now ship to APO addresses but there’s still a few that don’t. Hopefully you’re right about the box seal being cut by customs, my mom didn’t notice before she shipped it. When I opened the box everything was neatly packaged as if from the factory. And you’re right about it being a good deal at $489. Oh well, lesson learned.

All APO / FPO shipments must be made by using the United States Post Office (USPS).

Correct, but it was being shipped to my mom’s address is Texas.

FYI

The operator is US based name and address identified (i will not post them for privacy reasons).

The websites DNS records are a bit iffy and i do not trust the site despite being verified as ‘Secure’

http://www.hoosiercycling.com is the same person a simple whois check will confirm.

his site is not very old (e Commerce Site) it appears he is new to the online retail world. Individual has limited online footprint.

in the mean time i am sticking to the tried and tested wiggle.co.uk and it has nothing to do with the small packs of haribo they ship with the order, they ship international also, free if its over a certain amount.

Dac

I just purchased a front and back light from this company. 😃 Price fair, shipping fast, well packed, and the owner called me to help me special order something, and add to my order. I will shop here again for sure. I got the Cateye HL EL-540 Bicycle Head light and boy is that bright. I also got the cateye 5 led wide tail light.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.