Post Pics of Family & Kids Riding

Tagged: 

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author

Thought this would be a neat thread to have.
      Please include age, how long they’ve been riding,and any other info. Names may be witheld for the kids safety.
      I just picked up an old Giant mountain bike for my 7 year old daugther. I’m teaching her to ride a two-wheeler right now, but will get pics of her once she’s on the trail. Some of the pics on here have inspired her to try harder to learn.

What happened? I know there were a couple of replies.

"ChiliPepper" wrote

Thanks FB! Thats great that he is inspiring someone, one of the reasons I post pics of him up. He is well known here in central FL and between him and I riding together, we both have motivated some souls out there. I love to see family and kids riding together. Wishing all of you the very best riding! 😄

heck yea, my little bro is a real late starter…hes 9 and im just now teaching him to ride…

but I’m 18 and i idolize your son! hes awesome! to have the skills he has at his age is amazing, i may actually tag along with my parents this summer when they go to florida for vacation so i can meet up with you and you can teach me some things, that is if that would be cool with you! dunno if i will have the cash to but it is pretty high on my list of things to do this summer

Didn’t think this would get so controversial. I’m pretty offended that anyone would find anything pedo about me starting a thread about pics of your kids riding bikes to inspire my kids! Didn’t ask for pics of them in the tub, or anything. Geez. If that’s what comes up in your head, I don’t want you anywhere around my kids.
      Mods, Can we clean this up and just keep the pics and related conversations?

what is a grom?

I kinda put the Grom thing together too. Figured that it was something lik that.
      Living in Illinois and Indiana my whole life, I don’t come across too many surfers. LOL

Having problems loading pics… guess that means im on the trails to much, and dont know enough about computers.

Anyhow, I have my 3yo (KK riding less than 1 year) and my 5yo (Bubba riding over 2 years) doing some XC rides with me along with the wife. Nothing to long, maybe 3 miles on the weekend. Then some days we will do some "hills". they LOVE it. been kinda good with only 1 busted lip. No jumps yet.. yell the driveway and curb. and bubba will help out when we do some Maint.

Cool Thread too

"INDIANADAVE" wrote

I kinda put the Grom thing together too. Figured that it was something lik that.
      Living in Illinois and Indiana my whole life, I don’t come across too many surfers. LOL

I live in colorado and grom can refer to young snowboarders and/or skiiers too.

Here’s mine: (8 years old at the time)

Maddslacker..
      Cute… Does she understand the shifting and everything?
      About as soon as mine learns to ride a 2 wheeler, I’ll be throwing her on her Giant, and teaching her the concept of shifting. Not sure if she’ll get it.
      Saw some little kids this past tuesday on the trail. Everytime I see kids out there, It makes me want to push mine that much more to join me.
      She’s having a tough time though.
      My 4 year old will probably ride a 2 wheeler before my 7 year old.
      She was riding her little bike with the training wheels, and most of the time when she was up to speed, neither were on the ground. We were leaving my oldest in the dust. LOL
      She’ll get it eventually though.

Okay, I had a couple of posts in this thread and now they are gone… 😕

It’s back…I must have been on page 1… 😳

Finally got my daughter on the trail… on a Gary Fisher of all things! Geez. She’s got a nicer bike than me!
      Her name’s Maddie, and she just turned 8. Only been on two wheels a month or so.

An action shot

Can’t leave out Kayleigh… who’s 4, butthinks she’s bigger! She’ll be on two wheel before you know it.

Thanks for all the encouragement. We just rode doubletrack tonight, but she’ll get to try some singletrack next weekend in Brown County. This park is all intermediate at this time, and I’m not going ot let her fall down a big hill and get hurt and discouraged.
      She actually was offended when I tolf her she wouldn’t be able to climb the big hill leading out of these trails. Many adults have trouble with it. She was deterimed, and actually once I showed her the granny gear, she made it 30 feet or so before hitting some loose stuf, and stopping. I convinced her to walk it up.
      She will be able to do it next summer though. I’ll get some better pics next weekend with my real camera.

That’s awesome. Congratulations on your progress. Don’t forget that tomorrow is Take A Kid Mountain Biking Day. Is there an event in your area?

Well. There are no events local to me, but I’m going to take the girls riding anyway. Might hit some kid-built BMX trails nearby.
      I am going to work with the HMBA next year to organize an event for Take a Kid mountainbiking Day.

I stumbled back into this thread and reading it from the beginning is a bit disorienting. Anyway, I thought I’d stir it back up again. Here’s my boy — turns 8 Sunday, rides a Jet Trek 20 (single speed rigid!). Here he is on his first attempt at a log crossing on the green loop at Pocahontas State Park. So what do you think? Did he clean it?

There are of my son Jake

My wife and 5 yo Daughter.. Our first trip off road…

Excellent!

Hey everyone, just a reminder that Saturday is IMBA’s Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day.

Growing up through the years. 4 States 11 years. I haven’t gotten any pics of my daughter on her bike since she went away to college. But we did get a short video last winter.

[url:3fzpic6x]https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3060528472008.2122688.1227300259&type=1[/url:3fzpic6x]

😎

Nice to see how they getting older but still riding

Hey I am new to the forum and getting to learn my way around, Anyways here is a picture of my 6 year old up in Wyoming where we live….Their is tons of trails near the house and we have one that he loves to ride its a 4-5 mile ride and he does it on his little Giant bike 16"….We are going to get him a 20" for Christmas…Just trying to find the right one is the deal.

[i:30wva8o3][color=#000080:30wva8o3][size=150:30wva8o3]Went from [/size:30wva8o3][/color:30wva8o3][/i:30wva8o3]
      [i:30wva8o3][color=#000080:30wva8o3] [size=150:30wva8o3]12" Giant[/size:30wva8o3] [/color:30wva8o3][/i:30wva8o3]

[i:30wva8o3][color=#000080:30wva8o3][size=150:30wva8o3]TO:[/size:30wva8o3][/color:30wva8o3][/i:30wva8o3]
      [i:30wva8o3][color=#000080:30wva8o3][size=150:30wva8o3]24" Felt[/size:30wva8o3][/color:30wva8o3][/i:30wva8o3]

My 2 boys (Long hair and small one) and my friend with his boy out riding on Saturday right above our house..Living in Lander Wy gives us lots of riding areas…This one ride is about 3 miles from our house.
      [i:16vv8rzq]Ethan (My 7 year old)[/i:16vv8rzq]
      [i:16vv8rzq]Nick (My 15 year old)[/i:16vv8rzq]
      Joe, Nick, Ethan ,Braiden
      [i:16vv8rzq]Braiden[/i:16vv8rzq]
      [i:16vv8rzq]All of us[/i:16vv8rzq]

Oh, so lovely kids with biking 😀

Viewing 23 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.