Pikes Peak

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Anyone out there who has ever taken the trip down Pikes Peak on a bike? I’ve seen the trucks that take people up and wondered if it would be a good thing to add to this summer.

Man,I’ve never done pikes peak either,I am also interested in knowing more about it.

My riding buddies have done it, parts of it are super technical.

best way I’ve heared to get up to the top if you can’t afford a shuttle or don’t have someone to shuttle you is to thumb it… Tourist love giving riders a ride up or so I hear, I’ll let you guys know if it’s true once I try it 😆 😆 😆
      a few of the guys I ride with have said it’s a S I C K ride down!!!

Well… I’ll let you know. I just signed up for a ride up the hill. I have infinite faith in gravity so I truly believe I will get back down. Hopefully with the rubber side still on the bottom.

"jwh321" wrote

Well… I’ll let you know. I just signed up for a ride up the hill. I have infinite faith in gravity so I truly believe I will get back down. Hopefully with the rubber side still on the bottom.

I’d get new brake pads before, and get them broken in. 😼

Going down pike’s peak would be a BLAST! I’ve been up there once….and it’s WAY up there!

I used to run it back in my competition days. Getting new brake pads is highly adviseable. They have a check point at the bottom of the road to check brakes on cars because they get so over heated. Also, bring layers of clothing to peel off as you go down. People tend to forget how cold it can be at 14,000 feet. Finally, get an early start. Electrical storms roll in by early afternoon like clock work. You don’t want to be up there during an electrical storm! Let us know how it goes if you get the opportunity to make the run!

Is this riding down Barr trail? That would be a ton o’fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEMSLzxxPiU
      here it is….ALOT of technical riding.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.