Pick hotels with bike repair facilities onsite?

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

I like to do my own bike maintenance while on mtb trips, but do not like to carry my bike stand and whole tool kit. I try to find hotels, motels, campgrounds in the bike friendly towns I visit that have some basic repair/maintenance facilities available (stand, tools, wash area). Is this a consideration when choosing a place to stay with anyone else out there?

I was unaware that this was offered at hotels and such. So far this has not been a consideration for me, but will be in the future as I start to travel more with my bike.

I generally try to bring everything I could possibly need with me. In fact, most of my tools never leave me truck: it’s kind of like a mobile bike shop.

(Ok, no it really isn’t… I’m not quite that involved 😀 )

"Jarrett.morgan" wrote

I was unaware that this was offered at hotels and such. So far this has not been a consideration for me, but will be in the future as I start to travel more with my bike.

Same here. I was unaware such thing even existed

I actually do usually leave my toolbox and gear in the car especially when traveling. The only time it’s not there is when I need it. : 😄

So if a hotel/motel/campground did offer a repair/maintenance area with bike stand, could that be a deciding factor in you choosing that property over another…if other factors were similar?

We have public bike repair stands dotted throughout different parts of St. Louis. Most of them are along known bicycle traffic routes!

"Stl_Greaser" wrote

We have public bike repair stands dotted throughout different parts of St. Louis. Most of them are along known bicycle traffic routes!

That is a great thing ! Wish there was something even remotely similar to that here

"nickrm" wrote

That is a great thing ! Wish there was something even remotely similar to that here

It is pretty cool and I have also seen some made by parktools that even have a pump built into them!!

"Stl_Greaser" wrote

[quote="nickrm":2rujxmj1]That is a great thing ! Wish there was something even remotely similar to that here

It is pretty cool and I have also seen some made by parktools that even have a pump built into them!![/quote:2rujxmj1]

The insanity!! I’m truly jealous

I usually travel with my camper, so I can pack all my gear. So no, not really a consideration for me. I’ve seen those repair stands on the college campus I work at, they’re pretty cool. They have the basic tools and an air pump. I’m not sure I’d want to trust my bike to these, as the ones I have seen get pretty beat up by people not knowing how to use the allen wrenches, etc, properly.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.