Ouch

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Chilipepper,
      How long before your butt stops hurting and or sore. I’ve put 75 miles on my new bike and still have soreness. Should I adjust it or leave it the way it was at the bike shop.
      Thanks
      Jason

Where is the pain exactly ?

Depends if you are comfortable riding the bike with the seat where its at or not. I don’t know about others but after 75 miles my butt would be hurting also. Usually it only last a day or two, but after awhile you should get used to it. If not try getting a padded saddle or a padded pair of bike shorts. This should easy your pain somewhat.

Well you say it’s a new bike, so I’m guessing it’s a new saddle as well, anyways your butt is probably just going through rehab. I know when I switch and ride on my friends bike or something, I tend to get soreness a lot sooner than normal.

Sooo 75 miles in total is still a new experience IMO, I’d give it another few rides at a couple hours and you should be good to go.

Also do you wear biking specific shorts? That could be a solution as well.

like asfyxiate said, you definitely need riding shorts.

also, i know you said you’ve done 75 miles, but what’s the frequency of your riding? i find that if i’m not riding at least 2-3 times a week min at about 2 hrs+ per ride, my butt hurts. but if i’m riding regularly, i’m fine. but like if i take a week or so off and then hop back in the saddle, i’m in for some pain.

in my experience, you just gotta keep riding all the time.

also, i know you said you’ve done 75 miles, but what’s the frequency of your riding? i find that if i’m not riding at least 2-3 times a week min at about 2 hrs+ per ride, my butt hurts. but if i’m riding regularly, i’m fine. but like if i take a week or so off and then hop back in the saddle, i’m in for some pain

Very true Goo,although when I bought a new seat and changed it out with the original seat that came on my stumpjumper,I couldnt get used to the new one and got tired of trying to get used to it and changed back to the original seat and have not had any problems ever since….Go figure,I think it’s all in our heads 😮 hahahahahaahha.

when I got my new bike I put my old seat on my new bike so I wouldnt have to go through that. Then I got the exact same seat and put it on my road bike so when So no matter what bike Im on theres no discrepency

"hulio2" wrote

Chilipepper,
      How long before your butt stops hurting and or sore. I’ve put 75 miles on my new bike and still have soreness. Should I adjust it or leave it the way it was at the bike shop.
      Thanks
      Jason

So Chilipepper is officially the guy to ask when you need to know about a sore butt region?!?!? HAHAHAHAHA. I could go SOOOO many different ways with this! It’s toooo easy.

I need to go to bed. Tonight’s radio watch is killing me.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.