noob

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone, I have been lurking around the forum for a couple days doing my homework on bikes and trails. I just bought a used 05 gary fisher wahoo of ebay which should arrive on the 17th.

I have not been on a bike for ten years and I used to always ride bmx bikes back then so this should be fun.

Later,

Aaron

Welcome Aaron.

Alot of ex BMX’ers getting into mountain biking from what i see. I was always crazy about BMX bikes as a kid and always had more bikes than i needed thats for sure. Have a great time on your new bike man. And of course on here. Its a great website.

Yo fat boy,welcome to singletracks dude.Mountain Biking is just as mystical as it sounds and you should have quite the experience with it.I used to ride BMX as a kid as well,didnt race too much,but did a heck of alot of dirt jump and street tricks and those skills deffinately add to mtn bike skills to make it alot of fun.Look forward to seeing you here on the forums.

Welcome Fat_Boy. Glad to see you are getting some new wheels. Seems like a lot of folks on here did the BMX thing growing up. When I was a kid the closest thing to BMX was a 20 inch bike with a banana seat – all the rage at the time heehee. Now you are in for something new – but similar. I’m sure those BMX skills will come in handy. Enjoy. CCR

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

My bike arrived today. I slapped it together and hit the road. The bike feels great. It’s going to need a few upgrades like pedals, tires and the seat, but it rides well. I installed some new grips then rode around for about 3 hours and my butt is killing me so I am going to have to do some research for a new seat.

Later

None yet. I need to find a bike carrier that will work with my car. It looks like the bones 2 will work, possibly a few others. I will get a carrier in a couple weeks and start hitting the trails. I drive a 2002 mr2 spyder so mounting a bike carrier is a little tricky.

For now I am just riding around town, sorting out the bike and upgrading some parts. I ordered a new seat and peddles today and I need to adjust/repair my rear shifter, but I will probably just upgrade it too.

The only local trails I know of are in palm bay and wickham park. Which trails do you suggest? I am in suntree/viera area by the way.

"ChiliPepper" wrote

we are working on some new trails. Anytime you want to hook up to ride one of these trails or all of them, just throw me a PM and we will make plans to ride. Hows that sound? You can ride with my son and I, he is very well known in the local MTB’ing community. He is a ripper on his FR bike.

That sounds good man. I’ll let you know as soon as I get a bike rack so I can transport my bike. It would be great to link up with some local riders. What do you mean by working on some new trails? If your building them let me know. I was in the army for six years so I’m pretty skilled with a shovel 😃

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.