New York Trails and Conditions

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Discuss mountain bike trails and locations in New York and get the latest updates on trail conditions here. Send a PM to trek7k if you would like to be considered for the New York forum moderator position (don’t forget to include the name of the state you would like to moderate).

If anyone lives in the metro area Cunningham park is a pretty cool trail to check out. It has beginner and intermediate, and advanced trails. They’re in pretty good shape, and its pretty good after work cause you dont have to go too far! The only negative I found was you have to walk your bike over the bridge to get to the otherside of the park because of broken bottles!! Otherwise I think its a blast. My next trail will be Sprain Ridge. Let ya know how that turns out! 😀

If anyone lives in the metro area Cunningham park is a pretty cool trail to check out. It has beginner and intermediate, and advanced trails. They’re in pretty good shape, and its pretty good after work cause you dont have to go too far! The only negative I found was you have to walk your bike over the bridge to get to the otherside of the park because of broken bottles!! Otherwise I think its a blast. My next trail will be Sprain Ridge. Let ya know how that turns out! 😀

Before you go to Sprain, you should check out Highbridge Park in Manhattan. I haven’t been but I know the guy that was instrumental in getting that place open and from all the pictures that I have seen it looks great.

As for Sprain, if you like Skinnies, Sprain is the place to be.

Also, be sure to check out Graham Hills, and Blue Mountain. I think you can take the train to Peekskill and then ride up the hill to the park. If you have a car, come out to CT sometime and ride Mianus or Trumbull.

from long island hav ridden stillwell which is really fun.. greenbelt and trailview ar also fun.. and did glacier ridge preserve over the weekend in hauppague.. more technical but xtremely fun…

Hello
      I am going with my family to Warwick and Fire Island. I am taking my moutain bicke with me and I would liek to do some early morning trails around this areas.
      I do a lot of trails in Peru, but this is the first time I am going to go to USA with my own bike. I would like to find some body with whom I can do some of the trails at least the first time, so I get to know the trails and then I can continue doing them during the week days.

Please, give me some advice of how to find people like me to join to do some trails beteen July 25 and Augos 10

thanks, Eduardo

Gotta at least bump this one for NY.
      Originally from the bronx, now I am in the New Paltz, NY area. Looking for fellow dirt riders.

For anyone not used to being in the area that may be traveling to central or eastern Long Island, Glacier Ridge is one of the most fun trails around. Cathedral Pines is another whic can be ridden easier by beginners but has some great Diamonds. Enjoy.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.