New Home Page Format

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Is it just me or is anyone else not liking the new format to the front page? To me its like there is too much info about Wishlists, Pics, Newbs, etc under the More Mountain Bike News Header. I for one liked the old way of just showing new entrys from the forums and reviews. 😕

Yeah I think I feel the same way, if only there was a way to combine the two…. wink…wink lol

+1

But then again, there is probably a way to turn stuff off that I just haven’t bothered to figure out. If not, I’m thinking Jeff might have it in the works…

Yeah, we’re still tweaking the news feed and we should definitely put a filter on what shows up on the homepage (less new member/wishlist stuff). For now we’re reverting back to the old format.

Here’s a question: should we include a short blurb from forum posts/reviews in the news feed or is the title link and photo (if applicable) enough?

Thanks Jeff. The old format with the short blurb worked fine for me, but putting a filter in would probably be the way to go so that you could show all info there and we could pick and choose. So yeah… do the filter. 😃

I like the idea of a short blurb. Maybe 5-10 words just to wet the appetite. My 2 Cents.

I like the short blurb.

On a semi-related note, is there a way to change the forum page such that in the ‘view unread posts’ view, posts can be marked read or whatever from there?

I have just recently found and started using this great feature, but there are some posts that I can see from the title that I don’t need/want to view and I would like to just clear them out from there.

For now I go back one screen and ‘mark all posts read’ from there but but technically I could miss a post that appears while I am in the process of dong that.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.