New guy here

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys!! whats up? im new and im from the Roanoke, VA area… Troutville to be exact…… anybody from this area have any good trails they wanna share with me?? any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Welcome!!!

I know we have several from your area. If you go to forum you have a "find member area just above the boards, this allows you to look up people by catagory. Check out the location option to find riders in your area. You can also hit the regional boards and post.

As far as trails go, this site is awsome. Click on the Mtn bike Trails link at the top, click on your region of the map and enjoy all the info. on the local scene.

If you make it out to Phoenix, lemme know.

I’m guessing CraigCreekRider will be jumping in here shortly to give you the low down. He rides a good bit and is from VA so he’d be a great resource along with the trail database on here.

First off welcome….

I can’t believe i beat Mongoose in saying that…Don’t worry you will hear of him. I am sure if your around enough people will give tonnes of places to ride..

Welcome indeed. It’s always cool to see new members, seems like this year we are getting even more than last year, I guess Forum Participation is really showing, and of course the start of the season helps, anyways have fun here, that’s what it’s all about man. 😎

"ukhoops2432" wrote

Hey guys!! whats up? im new and im from the Roanoke, VA area… Troutville to be exact…… anybody from this area have any good trails they wanna share with me?? any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Like GoldenGoose said, CCR can’t keep his forum mouth shut hehe. 😆 Welcome to the forum UKhoops. Are you new to riding or just new to the forum? Miles of riding in our area. Much of the backcountry stuff on the national forest is intermediate level and above. Carvins Cove and Explore Park have some beginner trails. Anyway, Welcome! Be glad to share what I know of.

no im not new to the sport.. ive been riding for years. I am new to the site tho ive been here about a month but just started posting… I private messaged you Craigs Creek.. did you get it?

Welcome to the site ukhoops!!!! I’m assuming that is Kentucky basketball!!! How do you like getting Calipari as coach??? You’re going to love it here on the singletracks forum!!! Everybody welcomed me with open arms and it appears they’re doing the same with you bro!!! Welcome aboard!!! Everyone here is extremely nice and pleasant, and full of information!!! This has to be the greatest mountain biking website ever constructed!!! Once again, just wanna say what’s up, welcome, and don’t be afraid to holler when you need something!!!!

"ukhoops2432" wrote

no im not new to the sport.. ive been riding for years. I am new to the site tho ive been here about a month but just started posting… I private messaged you Craigs Creek.. did you get it?

Yea just got it.

http://www.roanokeva.gov/85256A8D0062AF … Public.pdf

Here is the map I was telling you about in my answer to your PM. Welcome to the forum and Roanoke too.

hey man i live about an hour north up 81 in staunton and theres alotta good ones around here

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.