New flow MTB trail at Camden Snowbowl (Maine)

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      The new flow trail is 2,500 feet long with steep drops, dozens of banked turns and running knolls typically found on flat pump tracks. The entire course is buried in the woods on the east side of the Snow Bowl coming off a vertical drop.

While an interesting, steep, luge-like tunnel through the woods, the trail is a bikes-only offering.

"It’s something we’ve been looking at for a while," said Snow Bowl director Jeff Kuller. "We realized at the end of our fiscal year in June (that) we actually had some surplus money, unspent funds. We had a nice donation from an individual. All of a sudden we had a way to do it. It moves people pretty fast and there are blind corners. It’s unlike our other trails."

The design follows the natural terrain, creating a snake-like course that turns and drops into banks and berms with far more speed than a switchback.

Read more here: http://www.pressherald.com/life/rush-of … 10-28.html

Let me make sure I understand … this trail is less than 1/2 mile long .. not 2500 feet of descending? 😏

"maddslacker" wrote

Let me make sure I understand … this trail is less than 1/2 mile long .. not 2500 feet of descending? 😏

Probably a good bet since the summit of Mt Camden is only 1,043 ft above sea level–else I’m thinking riding the bottom 1,457 verts is gonna be a real challenge 😄

LOL

Disclaimer, I’m originally from Maine, not too far from there.

In the article they say THIS will make us a mountain bike destination!!! 1/2 mile of sanitized singletrack with all of the rocks and roots removed …

Clearly they have never ridden, well, anywhere else in the US.

I agree, long way from a "destination," but a good 1/2 mile long DH run can offer a ton of entertainment. Some of the DH runs in GA that I’ll drive a long ways to are probably nowhere near that long.

Now put in a few more like this and we’re talking!

I guess I’m just spoiled by 27 miles of downhill (Monarch Crest) 😆

"maddslacker" wrote

LOL

Disclaimer, I’m originally from Maine, not too far from there.

In the article they say THIS will make us a mountain bike destination!!! 1/2 mile of sanitized singletrack with all of the rocks and roots removed …

Clearly they have never ridden, well, anywhere else in the US.

Sounds like Michigan, 200 miles of sanitized single track built for wal-mart bikes.

I would head there. Then again as a kid I spent many summer vacations just south of there at Pemiquid Lake and Biscay Pond. Really miss Maine. Place in Wiscasset had a ‘wicked’ lobster burrito.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.