Nevada… what’s your best track out there??

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all,

I will be doing a 2 month holiday through USA and Canada next year, and am already looking at good places to ride. I have the obvious suspects scoped, like Vancouver, Utah and Colorado. But what of other, lesser known destinations?

So to start, what good trails are out there in Nevada? It is an obvious place to ride when passing through from one state to another. So which trail is your favourite? And most importantly, why?

Cheers, Liam.

Bootleg Canyon is just outside Las Vegas and it’s an IMBA Epic ride. I haven’t ridden there yet but I plan to check it out in September as the Interbike demos will be there. Also plan on hitting St. George, UT which is just outside Nevada and is a convenient stop along I-15…

Update: I forgot to mention the Tahoe / Reno area in the northern part of the state. Seriously rad trails including at least one more IMBA Epic (not sure if it’s on the California or Nevada side).

Curious to know what you ride when you get to colorado,or even what trail’s you are thinking of doing here.

Bootleg looks pretty nice. Although it looks as though a XC bike might be an advantage for that. At least on the photos posted there.

So far, I have summarised all the 4.5 or 5 star rated trails in CA, UT, CO etc on your website, so those seem to be at the top of my list to do. They all look like awesome fun, so can’t wait to get there and experience them. However as you don’t get all the story by doing just net searches, some local input is always helpful too! ;)

I prefer riding the more technical trails, anything with rocks, roll downs, drop offs, etc. Anything up to about 6 feet down. Any more than that, and I tend to think you need more equipment with you on the ride, to protect you from hurting yourself. I try to plan not to have to carry a whole mountain of gear around with me.

I plan on purchasing a bike when I arrive, so I don’t have to fly my bike about with me. I haven’t decided which location I will ride first. But if I was to guess now, it would be Vancouver. I assume it will be easy to pick up a nice second hand all-mountain bike for a couple of thousand dollars at that time? Something that can take most of the technical riding I want to do, but can still ride up a hill. I am a pretty fit fella, so that shouldn’t be a problem. Something like an Enduro or a Reign would be nice.

What do you guys think?

Nevada is a pretty large state. Are you near Las Vegas or Lake Tahoe. If near Tahoe try the Tahoe Rim trail its a good cross country. Research what parts you can ride first before you go, some stints are regulated. Or if you are into downhill try the Mt. Rose downhill, it is awesome. Check out the diamond peak loop for more details under trails.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.