NEED A FULL SUS SLOPESTYLE BIKE!!!!!!!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Hello Single Tracks Users,
      I have around $800 and want a full Sus DJ or Slope Style bike, only problem is, I CAN’T FIND ONE!
      My Ideas are:
      Mongoose Nugget, 2011-2012
      Black Mrkt Kill-switch
      and maybe a Transition Double
      Help me out, if you know where I can find these bikes or something similar, please post
      [P.S] I know about pink bike, just don’t use it because I don’t want to get scammed again
      THANKS!

pinkbike can be handy if you find something local and are up front with the person that you want to try it before you buy it. there are some great deals to be had on there which will make working with your price range easier.

Otherwise, you will probably need to increase your spending allowance for a full suss slope bike, or consider a hardtail. There are some pretty badass Commencal and NS hardtails within your price range (at the high end of it anyway)

What models from NS?

How much does a Soda Slope from them run? If you know.

"wildwestjake" wrote

I have around $800 and want a full Sus DJ or Slope Style bike, only problem is, I CAN’T FIND ONE!

If you are looking for a complete bike, I hate to be the one to crush your dreams but YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FIND ONE!

Used, you’d be the luckiest person alive if you found a Soda frame itself for $800.00.

If you are looking for a higher end bike other then your classic Craigslist, and the odd forum that has a buy and sell, pinkbike is your only choose. I buy and sell on there all the time and have not had a single issue to date.

Know what you want and when you find it ask a lot of questions and wheel and deal with them. Ask them to take more pictures if you are not happy with pictures they have posted. If they don’t want to go out of there way to sell there bike then move on to another bike

"slipfinger" wrote

[quote="wildwestjake":1h6la2yg]I have around $800 and want a full Sus DJ or Slope Style bike, only problem is, I CAN’T FIND ONE!

If you are looking for a complete bike, I hate to be the one to crush your dreams but YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FIND ONE!

Used, you’d be the luckiest person alive if you found a Soda frame itself for $800.00.

If you are looking for a higher end bike other then your classic Craigslist, and the odd forum that has a buy and sell, pinkbike is your only choose. I buy and sell on there all the time and have not had a single issue to date.

Know what you want and when you find it ask a lot of questions and wheel and deal with them. Ask them to take more pictures if you are not happy with pictures they have posted. If they don’t want to go out of there way to sell there bike then move on to another bike[/quote:1h6la2yg]
      Thanks, i found a soda frame for 1300, but I don’t want to build up a bike, What about the 2013 Rocky Mountain flow DJ? found one here for $800: http://www.jensonusa.com/Dirt-Jumper-Bi … -Bike-2013

"wildwestjake" wrote

[quote="slipfinger":fyos8ddx][quote="wildwestjake":fyos8ddx]I have around $800 and want a full Sus DJ or Slope Style bike, only problem is, I CAN’T FIND ONE!

Know what you want and when you find it ask a lot of questions and wheel and deal with them. Ask them to take more pictures if you are not happy with pictures they have posted. If they don’t want to go out of there way to sell there bike then move on to another bike[/quote:fyos8ddx]
      Thanks, i found a soda frame for 1300, but I don’t want to build up a bike, What about the 2013 Rocky Mountain flow DJ? found one here for $800: http://www.jensonusa.com/Dirt-Jumper-Bi … -Bike-2013[/quote:fyos8ddx]

I have to agree with Slipfinger on this one: finding a decent FS DJ bike for $800 is going to be a tough job unless it has been used and abused.

A hardtail, on the other hand, would be doable. The bike that you linked to (Rocky mountain flow DJ) is a hardtail dirt jumper, not a full suspension rig, which is what you mentioned in your original post.

I know, I was just considering it as a hardtail…..

Well guys, got a S-works P1!!!!! Love it, super fun on pump tracks, and the big stuff now seems small, thanks for the help,
      WWJ(wildwestjake)

"wildwestjake" wrote

Well guys, got a S-works P1!!!!! Love it, super fun on pump tracks, and the big stuff now seems small, thanks for the help,
      WWJ(wildwestjake)

Just being picky here but technically there is not an S-Works model in the P-Series. The S-Works distinction is given to top end Specialized models which cost a fortune, like this beautiful beast!

I was lazy this morning, sorry, the more proper name would be Specialized P1 Dirt jumper
      http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/9383199/

I have a 2009 mongoose nugget that is practically new that i am trying to sell for 900

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.