Mulberry gap camp-Place for MTB

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Just wanted to share an awesome experience we had last week. We (3 weekend warriors, south FL) stayed for 4 days in Muberry Gap http://www.mulberrygap.com/ and rode Pinhoti 1,2,3 and a few more trails. Ft. Mountain and Blue Ridge trails are located less than 40 minutes drive. This (the trails and hospitality….mainly the latter) was the best experience we have ever had. The trails are smooth and pack, really flow fast. The camp is located at the center of all these trails which allows one to start and finish all the rides in the saddle (no need to drive anywhere!). The camp is dedicated for bikers so one can meet cool/nice people and learn of new trails. Great experience. The owners are very friendly and helpful and can help with anything related to trails and local knowledge (where to eat, rent bike, etc..). There are tent sites or cabins which can come with or without food (yammy home made meals, really delicious). The 3 of us have been looking for a place like this for very long time, a place for bikers in the East Coast (similar to Moab in nature but closer to where we live). We are very happy we finally found such place and we will come back.

I haven’t stayed at Mulberry Gap yet but I know lots of riders who have and they have nothing but great things to say. Definitely on the to-do list!

We plan on making the trip to Mulberry gap sometime this year. We have talked to several people on the trails here in central Florida that rave about the place and the trail system. They all say the same things you said. We have a noob in our group and as soon as he gets up to speed we are going to take that trip.
      Just curious but how long did it take you to get up there.

Mulberry is now on my to-do list for this summer. It’s a 10 hour drive but from everything I’ve read, it sure seems to be worth it.

That looks AWESOME!!! What a great set up, with multiple trail options right there!! And home cooked (southern!!) meals!! YUM!! Might be a nice trip!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.