MTB Shoes

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Trying mtb shoes for the first time on my trainer and my left knee is starting to hurt. Any suggestions?

"Guarddog77" wrote

Trying mtb shoes for the first time on my trainer and my left knee is starting to hurt. Any suggestions?

Have you gotten a professional bike fit?

No, trying to do it myself.

After having received my first professional bike fit, I’ve realized how incredibly complex bike fitting actually is and how many variables go into doing it properly. Watch for a blog post on "Why You Should Get a Professional Bike Fit" soon.

Hey Guarddog77,

I had the same thing happen to me and this is what I did: I loosened the spring on the pedal itself to about the minimum setting (assuming you have SPD pedals). I figured that on the trainer I could easily get away with running them looser than I do on the trails. You’ll figure out how loose or tight you like them pretty quick. Next, I adjusted the cleats on the bottom of my shoes until I found the right position for me. It really wasn’t very hard to figure out. Now I don’t have any knee pain at all anymore when I ride the trainer. Good luck!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.