MTB quirks in need of "Terminology"

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Here’s the thread for all those little quirks about Mountain Biking that deserve a nickname. Or maybe they already have a nickname and need to be common knowledge? There’s already a thread for existing terminology, so here’s to the creative democratic collective genius of singletracks.com users!

Feel free to post your "quirks" or your "Terminology".

Some quirks I wish had catchy names:

That thing you do when you think you just[i:3r5msyz4] might[/i:3r5msyz4] slam your fingers between the tree and the handlebars. You know, like giving an "OK" sign to still hang onto the bars but aviod breakage/crushage.

Those who clip out more often than not.

The "I’m-not-doing-that". Perhaps a "bailout"?

When your wheel slams into a pit in the ground you thought you’d get through, but you don’t. Bam. And you’re down.

Making a trick you didn’t think you’d make.

Whatever it is…that stalls you in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. A mechanical, injury, what have you.

Doing it over again. And over, and over, and over, until you get it.

The post-ride HUNGER.

The post-ride ritual.

When you have to stop, and you find yourself in a SWARM of bugs you could cut with a knife.

That moment after a serious crash where you are paralyzed in fear, unsure of how bad it is, and worse, how much of a dent it’s going to put in your season.

Mmmmm…That’s all I can think of off the top of my head. Anyone?

i think you might like some of these, me growing up in a "Hillbilly" or "Countryboy" area, im not there anymore but the verbage still lives on.

" When your wheel slams into a pit in the ground you thought you’d get through, but you don’t. Bam. And you’re down. "
      I call it the "BoogerBear" as in, wow the trail just got you in a BoogerBear.

The post-ride HUNGER. simply "Meatsack"

"Making a trick you didn’t think you’d make. " speaking to someone – "Lookatchadid"

"That moment after a serious crash where you are paralyzed in fear, unsure of how bad it is, and worse, how much of a dent it’s going to put in your season. "
      this one i like to call the "HuckaBuck" as in the trail just put you in the HuckaBuck..

the BoogerBear and HuckaBuck names are kinda like wrestlers and there special moves..

I’m liking some of those.

What about this:

what do you call the moment when you are pedaling uphill and your chain comes off, and then you try to pedal harder but you start going backwards?

Dozzerboy

Don’t blink or you will become friends with a tree!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.