Mountain Bike/Cycling Training Page

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author

We’ve consolidated all the mountain bike training related material on singletracks onto a single page to help you get the most out of the information. Just click the "Bike Training" link at the top of any page or go directly through this link:

Cycling Training

90% of singletracks users report they ride for fitness so you know training and nutrition must be important. Check it out today!

Eh…. fitness is just a side-effect…..! 😉

I bike for the whole zen-earth-flow-yoda thing…..

Or maybe I just like the thrill of careening down the fall line of a 550m mountain on little more than a 30lb aluminum & rubber inertia machine. 😼

"Bombardier" wrote

Eh…. fitness is just a side-effect…..! 😉

I agree, fitness is for when I drag my road bike off the rack and “log” some miles!

Funny, I actually find myself getting into shape FOR biking. I usually jog 3-4 days a week because it’s much more convenient than driving to the trails but I tell myself I do it so I can ride that much faster and longer when I do make it out!

I should also clarify the 90% stat; singletracks users were asked to choose ALL the reasons they ride (most chose more than 1) and fitness was one of the reasons (but perhaps not the primary reason).

i use the ride log for everything but ive been getting more miles in my running shoes than on my bike… guess its time i get my priorities straight! anyway, just like trek7k, i find that running at least keeps me aerobically fit for riding. when are duathlons going to become as popular as triathlons? i would love to do just those two, preferably off-road, because i just hate swimming.

I ususally eat a bag of potato chips while riding! 😏 I train for naked balet 😉 😏

"c3667" wrote

I ususally eat a bag of potato chips while riding! 😏 I train for naked balet 😉 😏

No pictures please 😬

I’m fortunate enough that all my hobbies involve sweating profusely — biking, weight lifting, and drumming. I’ve been a drummer for 10+ years and, playing rock music, it’s like hours of cardio on end!

But the fitness side of mountain biking is alot of fun – I think I’m more into it for the thrill and the nature thing, though. Gotta love them trees.

"Fitch" wrote

I’m fortunate enough that all my hobbies involve sweating profusely — biking, weight lifting, and drumming. I’ve been a drummer for 10+ years and, playing rock music, it’s like hours of cardio on end!

But the fitness side of mountain biking is alot of fun – I think I’m more into it for the thrill and the nature thing, though. Gotta love them trees.

Dude don’t go Broke Back on us those are not tree’s they are obstacle’s. 😆 You almost said the word pretty did’nt you 😉

Riding is life all else is waiting

"Juan_Gear" wrote

Dude don’t go Broke Back on us those are not tree’s they are obstacle’s. 😆 You almost said the word pretty did’nt you 😉

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! BRILLIANT!

No, I seriously love those trees; they totally saved my dumb ass when I was at the Blue Hills!

Yeah did the same thing one year at the Napa race. Was going down the rock stairs, then over the bars. Some how hooked an arm around a small tree, swung completely around the tree over the cliff and landed standing up, in time to see my bike doing airsky over and over. 😆 😆

Why would ya want to set on a couch when ya can act like a fool

"gar29" wrote

I agree, fitness is for when I drag my road bike off the rack and “log” some miles!

Road Biker alert!!! NOOOOOOOO!!! RUN AWAY!!!

lol, jk.

Funny 😛 It’s about all I can ride lately with all of this rain we’re getting!

Rain=mud=FLIPPIN FUN!! WEEEE!
      lol. na, I love riding down hills in mud, getting thrown, wet, messy… YEA!

"gar29" wrote

Funny 😛 It’s about all I can ride lately with all of this rain we’re getting!

I’v been faithfull but it’s been a slog. The road to hard core for me, to many flipping Homers.

D-ville Reg is coming I can hear the clock ticking.

Man, I can’t wait, I’m ready for D-ville! You rode Downieville yet ChrisB?

"gar29" wrote

Man, I can’t wait, I’m ready for D-ville! You rode Downieville yet ChrisB?

Been waiting for that new trail guess it’s done. We were in the van the day the owner of the property asked Mike if they wanted to put a trail in so he wouldn’t have to keep dodgeing us 😆 on the road

Think it’s called Sunrise Trail and is 1.5 straight to Butcher Ranch

For the snow to clear

😕 😕 What was that suposed to mean?

Nice, that will be great! Man, I wouldn’t mind owning one of those houses up there.

Just curious if you’ve ridden the Downieville Downhill yet. Supposed to be one of the best trails in the country.

90% of singletracks users report they ride for fitness so you know training and nutrition must be important. Check it out today![/quote]

How else do you justify spending what we spend on bicycles?in time and money.Its the only get out a jail card we got.hahahaha.crazy train man,not lazy train.hahahaha.

Viewing 20 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.