Most incredible mountain bike run EVER?

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

I came across this article on the Huffington Post today and it left me scratching my head:
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/2 … 13731.html

Was yesterday a slow liberal news day or something? Is posting rad mountain bike videos a way to get people on your website?

Oddly enough they got the video from CollegeHumor.com – anyone else see the humor in this video? Maybe the funny part was supposed to be the caption posted with the video: "I can bunny hop like three inches high, so this isn’t impressive to me." Meh.

Anyway, the hi res video was originally posted over on YouTube and it’s from Kranked 8. Check it out if you haven’t seen it:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE792g55GUw

Yeah, saw this no too long ago and the whole time watching I was like, "What!", "No way!", "Sick!", "Sweet!" These guys are no doubt bad ass. But humor? I’m with you guys on that?

Im lost on the humor part as well, and I have one of those sick sense of humors and still couldnt figure it out. Oh well, the Vid itself is sick, as good as the riding is, I am equally impressed by the videography.

Wow! No body armor, no gloves, totally wild! Great camera work, too.

I wasn’t planning on riding today. SEE YA!!!!!!!!! 😉

JDH

I’m with F7, snow or no snow I’m riding after seeing that video!

I may be riding too but not like that!! Not because I CANT but because we don’t have the jumps here….yeah, that’s it no jumps.

nice video! hitting the trail 1st thing AM!

"Beaker" wrote

I may be riding too but not like that!! Not because I CANT but because we don’t have the jumps here….yeah, that’s it no jumps.

I hear ya bro. My skills would put all those guys to shame, too bad my local trail only has a few small jumps. 😆

I saw that recently in the edited down version of Kranked that they showed at the Banff Mountain film festival. It was short, but sweet, and the highlight of the night for me.

I was also blown away by a short film called First Ascent: Alone on the Wall about this "kid" named Alex Honnold that free solo climbed Half Dome. For those not in the know, free solo = no ropes, no equipment, no safety net. He completed it in 2.5 hours. As reference, the first group of climbers that did it back in the 50’s took 5 days to climb it. If you get a chance to see this film, check it out.

Now, back to the Huffington Post…whatever that is.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.