Month long vacation…Where should I go?

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

So a shoulder injury has caused me to cancel a month long rock climbing vacation, but I can still mountain bike, and plan on going somewhere for the month of July for 30 days of riding. But I haven’t had time to do the research, and I’d like your help. If you were to travel to one area/region for a month of mostly xc-oriented biking, where would you go? I would like to limit the driving, so I’m looking for something more specific than "California" or "Colorado." Over the course of 4 weeks, I’d like to limit myself to 3 or 4 base areas to explore.

Here’s a list of 10 great destinations that would fit the bill: http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-tr … h-america/

Great list that Greg posted. I would think you could maybe hit Moab, Fruita, and Crested Butte within your goals. ?

It would be CO for me. Salida, CB, Breck for starters. If that wasn’t enough, I’d continue SW through the state.

"ACree" wrote

It would be CO for me. Salida, CB, Breck for starters. If that wasn’t enough, I’d continue SW through the state.

Yep, you could spend a few years riding the area between Salida and Crested Butte ;)

A month-long vacation… Depends on what you really want. Do you wanna ride quality singletrack every day or you willing to mix it with some sightseeing.
      Salina, Grand Junction and Moab is sorta Bermuda Triangle where a month could not be enough. Don’t go to Wisconsin – Mosquitos are bad this season.

While Moab, Fruita, and GJ areas certainly have fantastic trails, the riding hours are very limited in July due to the heat. I would target alpine areas at higher elevations. SLC and Park City or Bend, Oakridge and Mckenzie River in Oregon or pick your spot in Colorado (outside of SW).

"cdreid7" wrote

While Moab, Fruita, and GJ areas certainly have fantastic trails, the riding hours are very limited in July due to the heat. I would target alpine areas at higher elevations. SLC and Park City or Bend, Oakridge and Mckenzie River in Oregon or pick your spot in Colorado (outside of SW).

Thats a very good point about heat issues in those areas.

So come up north to Canada. 😛

Canada is perfect destination, I love peaceful and quiet life here. Maybe it will be next destination I come 😃

Canada’s my favourite place. Road trip through BC and Alberta with your bikes. You won’t regret it. It’s where I really got into mtbing.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.