Looking for Riders in Blue Ridge GA

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author

I’m up in Blue Ridge, GA (Dial / Aska area), looking for fellow riders.

– Mike

I’m in the Blairsville area, wont have my bike for another 2 weeks, but looking for people to ride with

I live in Dahlonega Georgia which is about an hour away.

Not a problem, I will hit you up when my bikes done…if that’s cool with you

I live in Greenville, SC, but would be willing to make some drives to ride. It’s hard enough finding people up here to ride with, even though there are some nice places. How far are ya’ll from Greenville? 😮

Dahamp2003…I am approximately 115 mi west of you…I have no problem driving either!

Cool man. Text me at 864-417-0865 and we’ll set up a ride. What city you live in? Just wondering how far Brevard, NC is from you. Could go ride Dupont sometime, or if you’ve got anything out your way.

-Brock 😮

Oh, I’m an idiot. It’s right up there ^ haha Blairsville…

Some of us near Cartersville are planning another trip out to Mulberry Gap September 9th, 10th, and 11th. The more the merrier.

Dahamp2003/ Topjimmy
      To let you guys know, just recently got back into mbiking, been a few years so I’m rusty but would really enjoy riding w/ u guys. I will have my bike back 3rd or 4th week of August….hopefully you guys wont mind I’m rusty and this can happen…would be a blast

Sure man…just got back into it myself. I say got back into it, but I’m 26 and haven’t ridden since was probably 16 or 17. I bought a Felt Q620, did a few upgrades, and have ridden about 30 or 40 times now. It’s addicting as hell, and a way for me to get a workout again. When you still eat like you’re playing football (went to Gardner-Webb Univ.), but not ACTUALLY playing football……well…let’s just say I’m glad I found a fun way to do cardio haha. Let me know when you get your bike. My roommate just bought one too and my best friend just got his. You got my number

Brock

Jimmy, the 10th is my birthday so riding and beer/cake afterwards? haha j/k

cmathis,

That is fine that you are rusty. We are not about speed. More about cranking a lot of miles.

Dahamp2003,

The 13th is my birthday and I always bring plenty of beer so if you bring cake I don’t see why we couldn’t celebrate. I am calling to reserve my spot at Mulberry Gap probably Monday. Let me know if you are going. Like I said the more the merrier.

Our plan consits of eating some good breakfast provided by Mulberry Gap, riding a lot of miles, then a good dinner, then drinking a lot of beer, and repeat the next day. I should be out there early Friday sometime around 9am.

Gonna ride up at Dupont State Forest if either one of you guys wanna join. Wanna make the drive?

😃 Brock

Hadn’t been on in a couple of days and didn’t expect such activity on the post!

cmathis…we could head out to Jack Rabbit trails (near Lake Chatuge-Hiawassee), we drive through Blairsville on our way there. Awesome fast single track.

Dahamp2003…can’t make Dupont State Forest right now, but I could do that sometime…i live full time in Gwinnett, so its just up I-85. Would love to hear what is up there.

It’s pretty sweet up there. Check out my downhill go pro video. [url:owmpchm1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLWmRmbngMQ&feature=channel_video_title[/url:owmpchm1]

Make sure you change that thing to 720p for the good stuff 😃

I grew up in Blue Ridge. Graduated from Fannin in 96…….96? I think that’s right…I forget now. I live in Anniston AL now but often come up to Jasper to visit relatives. I really want to get back up to the Ridge and ride on Aska. Plus there are lots of good trails around there. I’ve done Ellijay a bunch on Bear’s Creek and Pinhoti, love em. Blanket’s Creek is a little further away in Woodstock but I’d love to do that one. Chilhowee (sp?) off River Rd is close too. I am not sure how it would work but if someone is organizing a group…I’d love to join in.

My reservations are set for Mulberry Gap from Septembet 9 – 11th.

Kyle I go to Blankets about twice a week. Let me know when you can make it and I will be more than glad to meet you there if I am off work. Also you are more than welcome to join us at Mulberry Gap for that weekend.

I live in Blairsville. Willing to ride whenever

Jimmy, I’ve never heard of Mulberry Gap? That a specific trail? Sept 9-11 sounds good, maybe I could join at lease one day or two…

I hope to be up in Jasper soon. Not to say that I wouldn’t cruise over there to ride Blankets if a group was going. I’d have to convince my wife it was a rare occasion. 😕

I plan on riding this weekend at Oak Mountain Park in Birmingham. Anyone up for that? I know it’d be a road trip for some of you…

Mulberry Gap is a "campground" for mountain bikers. It is in the middle of about 80 miles of some of the finest singletrack around:

http://www.mulberrygap.com/

We are camping. $80 for two nights and they supply breakfast and supper. It is a great place to go and ride for the weekend with no worries of what to eat.

Viewing 20 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.