Labor Day Weekend

Tagged: 

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author

Where are you riding (or have ridden) over this long weekend? And if you aren’t riding, you BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE!

I already rode at [color=blue:1ry6dvgy]Harbins Park[/color:1ry6dvgy] yesterday, and
      I’m planning on riding [color=blue:1ry6dvgy]Lake Russell[/color:1ry6dvgy] , [color=blue:1ry6dvgy]Sourwood[/color:1ry6dvgy] , and some trails at [color=blue:1ry6dvgy]Bull Mountain Area[/color:1ry6dvgy].

Looking forward to hearing about your guys’ rides!

today im going to potawatomi today ive never been before so this well be great

Not much riding going on here in the pacific north west. We are are getting hammered with rain. 30- 40 mm’s a day ( that’s about 1 1/4- 1 5/8 inches for you state side riders ) It’s a great thing though it’s been a really bad summer for forest fires, so this should put an end to it.

The season’s are definitly changing over here. Day’s are getting shorter and much colder.

But on the plus side, when It finaly does stop raining, the trails are gonna be sooooo sloppy. Love it !!

was planning on riding today… but that didn’t end up happening. oh well, that’s life. and tomorrow i have work all day and all night… but i have off tuesday, and planning on riding twice in the morning and evening at least.

Went witht the ol’ stand by local trail today,rode Mathew’s/Winter’s park which is Red Rocks trail of Red Rocks amphitheater area.Went up Morrison slide trail to the top and had a cliff shot and some vitamine water and sat and relaxed while soaking up the beutiful view overlooking the hog back and the Denver and surrounding areas.
      Get up in the morning and do another local trail,maby Lair O’ the Bear…..

I didn’t ride anywhere Friday evening although I had planned on it,I just ran out of energy.Saturday I went to the Rock trail..
      [url:1dmmlfcf]http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/the-rock-trail.html[/url:1dmmlfcf]
      and about 10 minutes into the ride it started pouring rain for about an hour so I rode a long skinny mud puddle through the woods for 5 miles,haha.I went back yesterday for a little bit drier ride but it was still a bit wet.

I may head out to San Felasco with a friend today if I have time,I have not been out there in years and would love to see the new additions and trails.

[url:1dmmlfcf]http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/sanfalasco.html[/url:1dmmlfcf]

Stayed in Cherokee National Forest with Devon_P and his crew. We rode Thunder Rock Express and a small portion of some other trails in the area. Great time rafting the Ocoee and hiking chimney-top mountain as well. Must say, a much needed vacation.

I went with my buddies to a new place called 3-stages up here in Ontario. It is located right next door to where I go do my DH runs. This place is awesome. Great trails with tonnes of little ups and downs and quick turns on rock gardens. There is a few long decents down the mountain side that are wonderful, nothing to crazy but lots of fun.

Thursday night came in 3rd in sport at the Augusat Canal Crown Time Trial. Rode Great Wall at FATS this morning. Just stayed local and spent time with the family.

Oh, I made a small bike jump out of soem 2" X 4"s this afternoon for my daughters. 😆

Rode about 12 miles at Pocahontas State Park on Sunday morning – Lakeview I, II, & III. Good times.

Since it was labor day, NMan and I did a work-day at Douthat State Park. I must say hauling a chainsaw up Stoney Run kicked my old man butt. We knocked out several tricky big blowdowns and some smaller overhanging ones too. Trails were pretty primo so I can’t wait to ride it again – without a chainsaw. Hope everyone at least got a short ride in…….

Chilly great stuff

I know how you feel…I am still nursing my shoulder a bit.

Three weeks ago I blew a front tire on a slope and did a double barrel roll…Was wearing my full gear but still sore.

Great shot of your son.

Got the text from my riding buddy last night. Unfortunately (or foturtunately) I had my old man in town and today was his last day. He came up for the holiday weekend.

To make up, I’m planning on riding another day this week. At the usual… Paris Mountain. Not sure which trails we are riding this time, but it will probably include a lot of climbing and technical stuff.

You should come up for the Oct. DH race. ;) That is, if your head is feeling better. BTW, those pics of your son hucking… ROCK! One day I hope my 5 year old has the desire to ride.

Problem Chilly is that I am always on the bike lately checking something out or another.

I can’t help it…

"ChiliPepper" wrote

[quote="Dave_B":zzlkrqyx]You should come up for the Oct. DH race. ;) That is, if your head is feeling better. BTW, those pics of your son hucking… ROCK! One day I hope my 5 year old has the desire to ride.

Thanks bro! When is or do you know the deadline for the sign up for the DH race? I want to make it up this year, but I will have to see, especially with my injuries this year. This year has been a killer for me, five months total of healing from nasty wipe outs.[/quote:zzlkrqyx]

I checked the site, and the registration link but I don’t see a cut-off. SORBA runs it so the cut off may be on their site.

http://www.parismountaindownhill.com/

I’m planning on spectating, so let me know if your going to make it.

Rode Clear Creek Today which is 10miles of advanced singletrack in Oxford,Ms. Thankfully it was a beautiful day here in the south and it was well worth the 2hr drive. 😃

JDH

STA trails 2 times around today, the 2nd time was to try and track down horse riders on the trails to inform then there were in violation of city ordinance by riding their 4 legged vandals on single track tread.

First reply, but have been poking around on here for the last several months. My riding buddy and I rode Mountwood Park in West Virginia Monday for a nice 13.5 mile ride. The weather was awesome, but the trails were slick. Was able to grind out a reopened trail for the first time all the way to the top thanks to some advice I read on a post !!! Look forward to hitting it again this weekend.

I’ve been off for about 10 days now for my vacation so I’ve gotten to put about 100 miles on my bikes. Thats only getting to ride 6 of the 10 days. Hoping to take my Mary SS out later today if the rain will hold off.

Just rode an AWESOME 17 miles of gnarly, rocky singletrack up at the Aska trail system this morning. Planning on doing a forest road ride in a couple hours as well.

"Dave_B" wrote

Got the text from my riding buddy last night. Unfortunately (or foturtunately) I had my old man in town and today was his last day. He came up for the holiday weekend.

To make up, I’m planning on riding another day this week. At the usual… Paris Mountain. Not sure which trails we are riding this time, but it will probably include a lot of climbing and technical stuff.

i was looking at the paris mountain listing on here the other day. i’m going to be in greenville on friday, but i don’t know if i’ll have enough time to ride. wish i did!

I did Buffalo Creek over the weekend:
      http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip … pId=512250

"maddslacker" wrote

I did Buffalo Creek over the weekend:
      http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip … pId=512250

dude that gps stuff is SO COOL!

i seriously want to get one of those!

That track was a combo created by my $59.00 GPS Logger and my friend’s iPhone.

Mine quit logging right as we turned on to Charlie’s Cut-off, and I had to merge in the rest of the track from his to complete it.

Going forward, I’m combining my logger with my Blackberry to get complete tracks again.

Also, check this out:
      http://www.trailguru.com/ui/user/tracks/Maddslacker

"Goo" wrote

[quote="Dave_B":34b6hh2u]Got the text from my riding buddy last night. Unfortunately (or foturtunately) I had my old man in town and today was his last day. He came up for the holiday weekend.

i was looking at the paris mountain listing on here the other day. i’m going to be in greenville on friday, but i don’t know if i’ll have enough time to ride. wish i did![/quote:34b6hh2u]

Give me a heads up if you decide to hit it up sometime. I’ll meet ya up there.

I got out with a friend of mine and road fort rock in Exeter NH for the first time since the day we figured out my wife was pregnant (she hit a tree and told me she just didn’t feel right and was kind of dizzy). My daughter is now 8 so thats kind of bad for me right? Anyway, it was nice to be on the bike again, but for Christs sake, I think I saw one other hardtail, and most of the guys had on more pads than I wore playing hockey. What happened in 8 years? Maybe if I was wearing some of those pads I wouldn’t be on crutches today?? 😕 Worth it though.

"Dave_B" wrote

[quote="Goo":2uor2b2o][quote="Dave_B":2uor2b2o]Got the text from my riding buddy last night. Unfortunately (or foturtunately) I had my old man in town and today was his last day. He came up for the holiday weekend.

i was looking at the paris mountain listing on here the other day. i’m going to be in greenville on friday, but i don’t know if i’ll have enough time to ride. wish i did![/quote:2uor2b2o]

Give me a heads up if you decide to hit it up sometime. I’ll meet ya up there.[/quote:2uor2b2o]

will do man.

SOooo….hubby and I rode Bartram on Saturday with Spring Lake Trail Loop, then we rode F.A.T.S. on Sunday….Great weekend 😃

"MTBchicnAugusta" wrote

SOooo….hubby and I rode Bartram on Saturday with Spring Lake Trail Loop, then we rode F.A.T.S. on Sunday….Great weekend 😃

nice. fats is sweet. i want to get over that way and ride more of that south carolina singletrack

Wife and I rode our first singletrack Labor Day weekend. It was a great time, and a great experience. We rode the green trail at NuDraper (ND) MTB park SouthEast of OKC. We’ve ridden a local fire road a few times, but this was our first time on anything like this-twisty and turny, some climbs that challenged us (most of you would probably blow right up em-we’re not exactly in shape for this just yet!) and had a ball. We rode it Fri PM, in about 50 minutes. Went back Sunday, rode it in 46:43. I went back yesterday, and managed it in 38:50. Improvement! However, that’s still a lot of time for a 4 mile loop….I can’t wait to get into better shape where I can just enjoy the ride, and not be worrying about trying to breathe and stuff! Our legs burned, we were sweaty-but we didn’t take either of the two cutoff escape trails-we finished each time. I know a 4 mile green loop isn’t terribly impressive to the majority on here, but it was a milestone for us, and a great intro to the sport. We’re digging it! Though we do have a newfound hate for sand [url:1vc8iq5r]http://www.okearthbike.com/MAP%20OF%20DRAPER.pdf[/url:1vc8iq5r]

Nice to see so many people getting out for a big weekend of riding! I spent a few days up in Vermont and got to do some great riding.

Wednesday night I checked out SAXON HILLS in Essex County, VT with my cousin for about an hour, and the trails were BEAUTIFUL! Smooth, twisty singletrack that flowed incredibly well through forests of moss and tight trees.

Thursday I rode the legendary KINGDOM TRAILS in East Burke, VT for an epic ride. I met two guys from Toronto and put down 28 miles with them and had an amazing time seeing remarkable trails. That place is a gem if there ever was one – do a YouTube search for "Kingdom Trails Sidewinder" to see the best trail in North America. 😀

I went back to KT on Saturday with my cousin for another 90 minutes and rode the very popular "Kitchel" as well.

Overall, I did 44 miles in 2 days of riding and couldn’t be happier!

Viewing 31 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.