I phone mounting opinions

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I currently use a few different gps apps on my I phone 5. I activate the app at the trailhead and then toss it in my pack which works well for the most part. There are times when I would like to have my phone more accessible. I have been looking at different options, handlebar mount vs. phone sheath that mounts to the shoulder strap on my pack. What are you guys using?? Brands, style, etc…. And why??

I’ve used a few different iPhone bar mounts but haven’t tried the shoulder-strap option. I really like using my phone as a GPS and camera on the trail but TBH I don’t always use my bar mount. Most of the time I just throw my phone in the fanny pack.

The biggest drawback to the bar mounts I’ve used is the cases and/or mounts are usually bulky and difficult to get the phone in and out. Almost all of them rattle on the trail which is annoying.

Here’s an interesting case we reviewed a while back that turns your phone into an action cam:

http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-ge … on-camera/

Exactly my thoughts Jeff. I think it would clutter the cockpit and may even be a distraction at times. Just wanted to hear from others on this. I know some of those dedicated bar mounts aren’t cheap. I have looked at a water resistant neoprene case that uses velco to attach to your shoulder strap. I may try one. Thank you

Check out the Quadloc. It’s great.

Quad lock is an excellent option.

Sent from ACLakey’s Android

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.