Hitch Mounted Rack, Which is your favorite?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am in the market for a hitch mounted bike rack. I really like the ‘platform’ style racks (T2, Cycle-on and HoldUp). I will be hauling mostly MTBs and my girlfriends comfort (step-through frame). A two bike rack is all I need. I have a Chevy Colorado.

There is a sale on the Saris Cycle-On for $295 at a LBS. I am leaning toward that because of the sale.

What is your favorite hitch rack?

Take it easy,
      Hammer.

I would suggest at least considering a 3 bike rack. You never know when you might need the spot for an extra bike. If you bring a friend its always nice to not have to drop a bike in the bed of the truck.

I just recently purchased the Yakima Slickroc 4. I think maybe it is discontinued because I do not see it on the Yakima site any longer. That may be why I got such a SCHWEET deal on it at the LBS.

As the name suggests, it holds four bikes, although to date I have only had two on it. It fits a 2" receiver and the arms tilt up and down with the flick of a lever.

It’s pretty beefy, and so far I like it a lot. I really like that it came with a way to lock the rack to the hitch and the bikes to the rack. And there is a bottle opener on the end of the one of the arms, so I’ve got that going for me too. 😃

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.