Hey now…new to the site

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Im really enjoying the website, Ive been riding for a couple of years now on and off, but I have been wanting to ride more often and get out to some other trails here in Florida and improve my skills. My plan is to hit up Santos in Ocala, Fl as soon as my fractured wrist heals…yeah I finally hurt myself going down a inclined ramp. Just wondering if there are any other Floridians on the site.
      I also really want to do some real mountain biking in the summer maybe Utah or Colorado.
      peace
      Alex

Hey there, and welcome to the site!! This place is awesome for finding places to ride and picking up some good information on the sport we have all fallen in love with. I’m not from Florida but was down there last year for Feb break (and will be again this year) and you def need to hit up Santos!! There seems to be a pretty good crew of riders on this site from Florida, so I’m sure you’ll get hooked up with some good guys down there. Again, welcome to the site and enjoy Santos!

thanks for the welcome eastwood…how are the trails up in Massachusetts?
      I wouldn’t mind finding some peeps to ride with down in Florida cause I am pretty much a solo rider.
      I have taken my son 13yrs old riding with me a few times but he is not that comfortable in some of the trails.

hey chilipepper, fan of the RHCP or just chili peppers in general?

Im from North Miami Beach, so Oleta is my backyard and Markham is pretty close as well. I usually just go to Oleta out of convenience and occasionally Markham, but I was planning on getting more weekend visits to other parks, have not been to Santos but I am looking forward to a camping/riding trip in the future.

Right now I am just waiting to heal and obsessively looking here and other sitse about spots to mtb in the US. I just want to get out there and experience the outdoors maybe this summer I can take off and do something like Colorado or Utah. Ill post on the SE forum as well.peace

"yem999" wrote

Im really enjoying the website, Ive been riding for a couple of years now on and off, but I have been wanting to ride more often and get out to some other trails here in Florida and improve my skills. My plan is to hit up Santos in Ocala, Fl as soon as my fractured wrist heals…yeah I finally hurt myself going down a inclined ramp. Just wondering if there are any other Floridians on the site.
      I also really want to do some real mountain biking in the summer maybe Utah or Colorado.
      peace
      Alex

Welcome to the site! I think you’ll find that there are a lot of riders from FL on here. I’m personally located in North GA at the moment.

If you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask!

From one Newbee to another. This is a good site. Funny and informative just don’t step over the line. You won’t know where the line is but everyone will tell tou. LOL Remember, opionions are like Bellybuttons and noses everybody has one. (that was hard to keep clean) I’m and older Clydesdale so use that as a refrence point for my future posts and replies. Later,

Yem, right now they are covered with snow!!! But I do what I can to get some snow riding in. Trails are typically rocky and rooty… don’t get that smooth hardpacked singletrack for great distances all that often. But it’s fun and technical, keeps you on your toes.

Or on your a$$ 😆

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.