help with installing RC2 fork on blur LT

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,
      I received my Blur Lt and the fork was disassembled from the bike. I can’t find a picture of the correct spacer assembly and am afraid to screw it up. Does anyone know where I might find pictures to follow?
      cheers,
      grey-sk

Usually forks don’t have spacers for the outside of the bike. Depending on the make of the fork, it may use internal spacers to keep the correct amount of travel but that’s something you would only deal with if you were maintenancing the fork.

Do you mean the headset? Those are the ring looking things that go around the fork’s steering column and allow it to stay in place inside the bike’s head tube. One on top and the other on the bottom.

Is that what you need help on?

There [i:3qj4mq8a]are[/i:3qj4mq8a] spacers that go underneath the stem to keep it from sliding down the steering column. Those just slide down onto the column and you use as many as needed to fill up the space between the stem and the top of your headset. Is that what you needed?

Thank you for the info and pictures. I put the tube on the way the picture you attached shows. Due to a tapering effect on the last 1/4" of the tube (just above where it splits to the fork), a spacer didn’t fit below the frame where I thought there should be a spacer, but it came together nicely anyways. I put grease there anyways. It seems this will be a friction/wear area that may cause problems in the future.

This was my first time using this forum and I really appreciate the help! 😀

No spacers go below the frame in between the fork. They only go above the frame and top half of the headset in between your stem for height. The bottom half of the headset DOES need to be installed underneath your frame between the fork or you will cause MAJOR damage. It should fit all the way down. The installation of the headset will depend on the type; external or internal. Your steering will feel crunchy if these are installed wrong and MOST need grease inside of them to keep the bearings lubed (cartridge style is the exception). Also, make sure they set your star nut correctly so you can keep the stem on the bike. A lot of times when a fork comes uninstalled, they let you set it yourself and the steering tube comes uncut to give you total control over how high your steerer is.

BTW, congrats on building your first bike. There’s an awesome feeling of accomplishement when you are done and you just feel a better connection to the bike.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.