Hello from Oklahoma

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

cb1

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just recently got into mountain biking and my only issue is that no one got me into this sooner. But at 41 I figure I got several more years of enjoying this sport to go. I’ve ridden motorcycles (street) for over 20 years and I actually find this more enjoyable to the point that my Harley may go up for sale this spring. My wife also rides with me and we are going to be getting our high school daughter a bike before spring. We ride with some friends that we also rode motorcycles that got us into it. Again hello from Moore, Ok!

Cal

"cb1" wrote

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just recently got into mountain biking and my only issue is that no one got me into this sooner. But at 41 I figure I got several more years of enjoying this sport to go. I’ve ridden motorcycles (street) for over 20 years and I actually find this more enjoyable to the point that my Harley may go up for sale this spring. My wife also rides with me and we are going to be getting our high school daughter a bike before spring. We ride with some friends that we also rode motorcycles that got us into it. Again hello from Moore, Ok!

Cal

Heya Cal and welcome the the site and the hobby/sport! I’m your age and my brother and I most often lament over how long we could have been riding 😀

It’s pretty awesome that you’ve got a group of family and friends to ride with. It really does open up a whole new aspect to riding.

Can we hear about the good stuff as well? What bikes are you guys riding or picking up?

Welcome to Singletracks. Be sure to check out the trail database to find new trails and if you have questions just post.

Welcome! Hope to see your name in the forums. I also have a Harley, and there’s no doubt I put more miles on my pedal bikes. I cant bring myself to get rid of it though.

Welcome to Mountain Biking and Welcome to Singletracks!

There’s some great riding in your neck of the woods
      Here’s an article from your own backyard:

http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-tr … in-biking/

cb1
      "schwim" wrote

Heya Cal and welcome the the site and the hobby/sport! I’m your age and my brother and I most often lament over how long we could have been riding 😀

It’s pretty awesome that you’ve got a group of family and friends to ride with. It really does open up a whole new aspect to riding.

Can we hear about the good stuff as well? What bikes are you guys riding or picking up?

Thanks all for the warm welcome. That is one of the things we have noticed and like about this sport/hobby, is all the friendly people. The wife and I both have Trek 3500s. And no not matching colors. LOL It wasn’t strategic on going with Trek, we went to Bike One in Norman and liked the people in there as well as the close proximity to where we live, so we ended up buying from there. The Treks seemed to be a good entry level bike that wasn’t going to break the bank. I’m not sure what we will get for the daughter just yet. I want to get her out on some trails to make sure it is something she wants to do before we buy her one. She’s a high schooler so who knows what she’ll want to do tomorrow. She has been pretty consistent on wanting one though.

Spanky, I hear ya on not wanting to get rid of the Harley. My daughter turns 16 this summer so I figure there is no reason to pay insurance on something that is now kind of a garage queen. Chances are pretty good that I’ll have another one, I’ve owned 7 different bikes, it’ll just be a couple years.

Welcome and glad to hear! I’m younger but do wish I had gotten into this earlier as well. Love it! Enjoy! Take care.

-GT

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.