Hello, from frozen n. fla

Tagged: 

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author

well,I finally joined an online forum. couldnt pass this one up…gotta luv single tracks…its good to see some fellow n.fla riders on here.im in old town ,about 40 mi. west of gville.ride the rock and san felasco a couple times a week,need to learn the trails in town… anyone that wants to ride ,let me know.I can garuntee a few laughs watchin this old school overwieght old cracker flyin through the palmeders… till then peace…and warmth to you all…………….

Welcome!

Welcome man,I used to live about 7 miles out of Old Town or Cross City…in the Watson Homestead subdivision.We’ll have to meet up at the Rock or San Felasco one day and go for a ride…the fat old cracker ride,haha.Once it warms up that is,..I don’t think I’m leaving the house all week! Too cold!

hey, funrover thanks,

hey, galaxy,good to hear from ya…i know right where watson sd is…im in the hammock myself …1st district to be exact…your thread on building that skinny in your yard is what finally made me sign up…ive got 3 acres out here and ive gotabout a 1/4 of mi of trail rode in so far..also a log skinny built in….anyone that wants to come out and build onto it is welcome….refreshments on me of course….as for riding galaxy,anytime is good …i run my own bus. ,so ican ride almost anytime…..want to hit the rock this evening ,but not sure if i can stand the cold …lol…rode san fel saturday and havnt rode since,so im jonesen……….

hey chili,
      thanks for the shout,and yes its cold up here..ive been workin in the heat down here for 20+ years and am a big wimp about the cold….melborne or anywhere south sounds good right now…..BTW,way to represent on here.ive been lurking ahwhile on the site and you seem to be very helpful and give out some good advise…way to go man ..the world needs more nice folks just like ya…..i used to live close to santos 15 years ago.no mtn bike trails back then…gonna try an ride in a month or so …maybe we’ll meet up sometime…..if you see a big sasquatch lookin feller on a trek hardtail soarin off the trail and into the trees ,thats probably me.lol…shout out LP

"LutherPalmedder" wrote

well,I finally joined an online forum. couldnt pass this one up…gotta luv single tracks…its good to see some fellow n.fla riders on here.im in old town ,about 40 mi. west of gville.ride the rock and san felasco a couple times a week,need to learn the trails in town… anyone that wants to ride ,let me know.I can garuntee a few laughs watchin this old school overwieght old cracker flyin through the palmeders… till then peace…and warmth to you all…………….

Welcome to the Singletracks forum LutherPalmedder. Not used to seeing ‘frozen’ and "Florida" in the same sentence unless its advertising orange juice hehehe. Looks like you have already hooked in with some of our Florida riders. "Watchin this old school overweight old cracker flyin through the palmeders" conjurs up a well, humorous image in my head. 😆 Hey, needed a Monday laugh. 😆 Again, welcome aboard.

hey CHILI,
      just got in off the tundra,,you pegged them temps..suposed to be in the 20’s tonight…that group ride /camp thing sounds good ,keep us imformed.
      my missus rides,and i have 2 teenage daughters,but niether ride …yet.
      yeah i need to get up with GALAXY and hit some local stuff..been wondering about haile trails and how you ride them?
      that old heat does get a little tiring sometimes..but man do i love florida…my family settled here along the same time as yours….we’ll have to discuss this in more detail later..cant say im with you on the snow thing…i lived up in wv for awhile and was stationed in the north atlantic area in the coast guard for awhile…i couldnt wait to see them palm trees,watch that spanish moss swayin in the .live oaks and see that ol sun droppin over the gulf……..smell those shrimp boilin,see them purdy tan girls barely dressed,sip them ice cold budwizers……..sheewwheeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I do love me some flawda

Welcome to the forum LutherPalmedder, further refered to as LP…..
      Glad you found a forum that makes you feel at home. Though I’m not from FL we are all Mountain Bikers and enjoy much of the same thing. Glad you are getting a taste of the weather we ride normally ride in this time of year. It’s all good. If you ever get up WV way for some extremely technical riding drop us a line. If available we’d be glad to show you around any of the trails we ride. Again, welcome to the forums.

Life is short….. Get out and ride….

ODN

Hey, CraigCreekRider,,,
      Glad to meet ya….and bring a little sunshine to your day 😆 .a real live hill person hunh?I always wondered how ya’ll clip in ….you got spd;s on yer feet? 😆 .well i got a confession..seems you aint the first hillbilly to find ol LP humerous…i married a gal from right over the mountain in lewisburg wv …22 years ago and were still together…yeah shes stubborn….we used to drive through eagle rock on the way to the big city{roanoak}….my first time i can remember riding a mountain bike was in douthat forest about 1983….beautiful country up there…my uncle owns that purdy farm at alta wv,and my mother in law lives in fairlea….we come up a couple times a year ,so maybe one day you can watch ol LP fly off the trail and thruogh the rhodedendrum in person………..gee luther rhodedendrum just sounds funny ……..dont it? 😆

"LutherPalmedder" wrote

hey, galaxy,good to hear from ya…i know right where watson sd is…im in the hammock myself …1st district to be exact…your thread on building that skinny in your yard is what finally made me sign up…ive got 3 acres out here and ive gotabout a 1/4 of mi of trail rode in so far..also a log skinny built in….anyone that wants to come out and build onto it is welcome….refreshments on me of course….as for riding galaxy,anytime is good …i run my own bus. ,so ican ride almost anytime…..want to hit the rock this evening ,but not sure if i can stand the cold …lol…rode san fel saturday and havnt rode since,so im jonesen……….

I may have seen you on the trails Saturday,A buddy and I made it out there from about 2 to 5 and it wasn’t bad to start but once that sun started going down it got cold.

Is the Hammock on the other side of the road from where the KOA used to be? It’s been so long since I’ve been out that way I’m starting to forget things…yes I’m blaming it on time,haha.

"LutherPalmedder" wrote

Hey, CraigCreekRider,,,
      Glad to meet ya….and bring a little sunshine to your day 😆 .a real live hill person hunh?I always wondered how ya’ll clip in ….you got spd;s on yer feet? 😆 .well i got a confession..seems you aint the first hillbilly to find ol LP humerous…i married a gal from right over the mountain in lewisburg wv …22 years ago and were still together…yeah shes stubborn….we used to drive through eagle rock on the way to the big city{roanoak}….my first time i can remember riding a mountain bike was in douthat forest about 1983….beautiful country up there…my uncle owns that purdy farm at alta wv,and my mother in law lives in fairlea….we come up a couple times a year ,so maybe one day you can watch ol LP fly off the trail and thruogh the rhodedendrum in person………..gee luther rhodedendrum just sounds funny ……..dont it? 😆

Hey Hey 😆 Luther Palmedder / Rhododendrum. PM me if you are heading through "The Rock" on your way up to Wild and Wonderful WV. I can probably find some rhododendrum for a LP test flight hehe 😮 , maybe some right behind the house in the Jeff. Nat. Forest that I have already broken in for you. Was married to a gal whose family lived in Caldwell, WV for a stint. 22 years congrats, you are well ahead of the curve. Time a WV trip right and you can join me and/or Outdoornut at Slatyfork near Marlinton. Good summer time riding there, temps rarely get much above 80. Course theres rain, rocks, mud, roots and moss – but its a lot of fun.

Spds in my feet. New version of the one leg shorter than the other hillbilly joke? Started riding late so I wasn’t born with them in my feet, but I did notice some spurs starting to sprout there. MTB Evolution or species adaptation, hehehe who knows.

You’re in the right place this time of year. Nothing but snow, ice, wind and cold for the last month here. Think I might be a snowbird in training.

"GALAXY" wrote

I may have seen you on the trails Saturday,A buddy and I made it out there from about 2 to 5 and it wasn’t bad to start but once that sun started going down it got cold.

Is the Hammock on the other side of the road from where the KOA used to be? It’s been so long since I’ve been out that way I’m starting to forget things…yes I’m blaming it on time,haha.

wazzup galaxy?…I pulled out of there about 3ish, so we probably passed somewhere…ol red[my truck] dodge dually was probably sittin there…it was startin to get cold by the time i came out. jumped right in and fired her up….oh..and i crunk up the truck 😆
      yeah the hammock starts down by the koa and runs out to watson where you were,up to spillers hwy pretty much…..I havnt been up here but about 2 yrs…..lived down in yankeetown bout 10 yrs and jax before that….
      Ill be workin till bout 1 tommorow in trenton if you wanna try and ride or thursday its supposed to get up in the low 60s……….woohooo 😃

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

Hey Hey 😆 Luther Palmedder / Rhododendrum. PM me if you are heading through "The Rock" on your way up to Wild and Wonderful WV. I can probably find some rhododendrum for a LP test flight hehe 😮 , maybe some right behind the house in the Jeff. Nat. Forest that I have already broken in for you. Was married to a gal whose family lived in Caldwell, WV for a stint. 22 years congrats, you are well ahead of the curve. Time a WV trip right and you can join me and/or Outdoornut at Slatyfork near Marlinton. Good summer time riding there, temps rarely get much above 80. Course theres rain, rocks, mud, roots and moss – but its a lot of fun.

Spds in my feet. New version of the one leg shorter than the other hillbilly joke? Started riding late so I wasn’t born with them in my feet, but I did notice some spurs starting to sprout there. MTB Evolution or species adaptation, hehehe who knows.

You’re in the right place this time of year. Nothing but snow, ice, wind and cold for the last month here. Think I might be a snowbird in training.

MTB EVOLUTION……..I’ll take some wings on me arse, thank you 😆
      yeah man a ride in jefferson nf sounds good ..also LUV the big mon and gw nf….gods country my friend…i know marlinton too. we used to go to watoga and snowshoe all the time…small world aint it?
      sorry bout the hillbilly joke ,but i knew my wife would appreciate it…she gets the one leg shorter one all the time…i think she fails to see the humor in it though 😆
      that snowbird thing would be nice.and weve considered a cabin in pocahontas co. before ,but the whole independantly wealthy thing still eludes us……..
      we;ll be headin up your way this summer and we;ll keep you posted.thanks and stay by the fire………….

oops 😳 sorry bout that last post….i aint got that qoute thing down yet.any hoo it was meant for CraigCreekRider

Thursday at The Rock may be good,if it actually makes it to 60 or 58 or whatever they’re callin for I can handle that.What time would you want to go? I can take my bike to work and just head out there whenever in the afternoon.The rock is about 5 miles away from my house if you have any interest in checking out that skinny in the yard afterwards or before.

"GALAXY" wrote

Thursday at The Rock may be good,if it actually makes it to 60 or 58 or whatever they’re callin for I can handle that.What time would you want to go? I can take my bike to work and just head out there whenever in the afternoon.The rock is about 5 miles away from my house if you have any interest in checking out that skinny in the yard afterwards or before.

should be the warmest around 2pmand i know i could make it by then….and yeah we;ll check out your place afterwords …lemme know whats up….i’ll tell you what ,i’ll just plan on being there if i dont hear from you..will be in a red dodge dually……

My car is being a pain in the ass to start and I missed work today but I’ll plan on being there tomorrow at 2.

Luther man,I’m very sorry I couldn’t make it out.We had a rush for some parts today so I had to stay and finish.Next time we’ll have to exchange numbers so I can call you if I’m not gonna make it.

Did you get to go ride at least? I’m hatin it that I couldn’t go on the one warm day we’ve had in almost a week…I almost stopped at the 8th Ave, trails on my way by on the way home but was running out of light.

Once again,I apologize for not getting my ass out there and riding with you,we’ll have to try again next week or whenever.

"GALAXY" wrote

Luther man,I’m very sorry I couldn’t make it out.We had a rush for some parts today so I had to stay and finish.Next time we’ll have to exchange numbers so I can call you if I’m not gonna make it.

Did you get to go ride at least? I’m hatin it that I couldn’t go on the one warm day we’ve had in almost a week…I almost stopped at the 8th Ave, trails on my way by on the way home but was running out of light.

Once again,I apologize for not getting my ass out there and riding with you,we’ll have to try again next week or whenever.

no worries galaxy,,if we dont have something screwin up our plans in life ,then we sure as hell must not be doing much i always say.i took off and got 1 lap in.then went on the north side to try and find the trails over there but didnt have any luck…some guys told me you can pick em up in the back of that sub div.and go out to the powerlines…
      im off till monday so if you get some time and want to brave the cold lemme know we’ll kick somethin up…i’ll pm you with that#..stay warm bro,and may your pipe be filled w/peace 😎

"Outdoornut" wrote

Welcome to the forum LutherPalmedder, further refered to as LP…..
      Glad you found a forum that makes you feel at home. Though I’m not from FL we are all Mountain Bikers and enjoy much of the same thing. Glad you are getting a taste of the weather we ride normally ride in this time of year. It’s all good. If you ever get up WV way for some extremely technical riding drop us a line. If available we’d be glad to show you around any of the trails we ride. Again, welcome to the forums.

Life is short….. Get out and ride….

ODN

hey odn ,sorry it took me awhile to respond to your post .i get limited time on our 1 computer,but how cool is it that another west virginian was one of the first to people say hello…what part of the state are you in ? like i told ccr i married a girl from lewisburg. my dad was from logan co.i lived w? my uncle i greenbrier co. for 5 yrs as a teenager..so i know a litle about your weather…
      i also know what an unbelievable place to ride you have.i learned to ride everything on two wheels in wv …and havnt been challenged as hard since 😀 i.ll be up there in the spring and hopefully we can get out and ride my friend …………………..lp

When we actually DO go,I can show you how to get to the powerlines,should be nice and spider free this time of year as well.

No,not scared….I just hate having to wipe webs out of my face the whole way down the trail,haha.I always seem to be the first one down the trail so I get to clear out the webs,I shoulda made my name on here SpiderFace,haha.

Only once so far have the spiders taken me off my bike and it was at the powerlines,right down the hill from where my avatar picture was taken.I hit that line as fast as I could without checking anything and I believe I hit about 5 golden silk orb weavers in less that 100 feet and I basically had my head wrapped in web and freaked out.I jumped off the bike and in what seemed to be the same motion ripped the fullface off and tossed it,haha.It took a few minutes to get all that web off but after that,I’m a bit more cautious.

Speaking of frozen North Florida,it’s supposed to be 19 here Sunday night,just a couple degrees off from Boston,haha.

I think I’m more scared of the cold than spiders,haha.

"GALAXY" wrote

No,not scared….I just hate having to wipe webs out of my face the whole way down the trail,haha.I always seem to be the first one down the trail so I get to clear out the webs,I shoulda made my name on here SpiderFace,haha.

Only once so far have the spiders taken me off my bike and it was at the powerlines,right down the hill from where my avatar picture was taken.I hit that line as fast as I could without checking anything and I believe I hit about 5 golden silk orb weavers in less that 100 feet and I basically had my head wrapped in web and freaked out.I jumped off the bike and in what seemed to be the same motion ripped the fullface off and tossed it,haha.It took a few minutes to get all that web off but after that,I’m a bit more cautious.

Speaking of frozen North Florida,it’s supposed to be 19 here Sunday night,just a couple degrees off from Boston,haha.

Oh lord GALAxY,,,,, thats some funny stuff rught there…. 😆 😆 😆
      bout spit my coffee out on that one……especially if you know anything about nanner spiders… 😆 😆 😆 thanks bud.

"GALAXY" wrote

Thats some funny stuff there Galaxy. I don’t like spider webs on the face either (or especially, spiders on the face) 😆 Sometimes being second down the trail is good 😀 – unless the first rider ran over a yellow jackets nest. 😮

Haha,damned spiders!

Its gettin warmer!!!!

Any chance you’d be up for a ride Saturday?

"GALAXY" wrote

Haha,damned spiders!

Its gettin warmer!!!!

Any chance you’d be up for a ride Saturday?

Yep,Yep,and Yep…sat. ride sounds good.ws thinkin bout hittin san fel but wherever sounds good ….will pm ya………..later

hey galaxy,,
      sent you a pm thursday morning,but it s not showing that it sent…took a good header at the rock today,but am still ready to ride fri ,sat and sun .bikes alittle bent up ,but i’ll get er right by tommorow…giveme a call if we dont catch up on here……………….LP

To All
      might have come up with a new mtb term today…….. 😆 when your arse is too fat to fly gracefully over the bars like SUPERMAN and you land with a heavy thud ,face down,with the bike tangled up in your legs ….all i could think while laying there cathchin my breath was …..man ,,,that was a CHESTER 😆 😆 😆

Hahahaha…that’s pretty good man,way to Chester it up!

Chili,I’ll definitely show you around wherever you want to go,I’ve almost made it to the end of the San Felasco network,haha

We could hit the Rock,and I can possibly scout out the Esterbrook Trails and see if the bridges are still up and rideable.

Hey fellas
      I can help out w/san fel. i know that place well…have ridden everything out there and even know of a new unmarked trail in the back thats got some nice hills..it wasnt rode in good a couple weeks ago .but i imagine its good now…ive got to learn those town trails better too..i love a good city ride at times ….grew up bombin around jacksonville as akid..

I need to hit up the ones in town a bit more often too,Esterbrook,Little San Felasco and just some general riding around town.

We should all hook up whenever you head up this way Chili!

Man…its the warmest day weve had in 2 weeks or more and what are they callin for?Thunderstorms 😠 The ride gods are conspiring against me.

We’re goin anyway,looks like SF is on the fringe of the storm that’s moving North East mostly.If you wanna just hang out and go tomorrow I’d be down to ride then as well.

Im ready,, can be there in an hour or so…

Don’t go to SF,we’re headin to the Rock instead and savin SF for Sunday.

Pardon the late reply, nice to see another North central Florida rider here. Welcome to the site, Luther, even if I didn’t see this thread until just now. 😛

Viewing 36 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.