HEALTH(sleep apnea)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I just found out i have sleep apnea.does anyone have this or other breathing problems?I notice at work or just out somwhere i feel short of breath at times.I am on O2 at night by doctors orders.I am not fluently aware of this health issue and wonder how far its borders effect health.I am writing this post just before my ride this morning and even with the O2 on all night,I still feel like my breathing is a little shallow.I also wonder if being on the O2 over time will make it better or will it just help keep the sleep apnea from getting worse.curious to know if any of you have this problem or not.I will be deffinatly talking to my doctor more about this.

Hey Steve,

I have sleep apnea and have had breathing issues for the last year. I felt a loss of breath after singing at first. My doc sent me to a cardiologist and they found a weakening in my heart. Now I’m on heart med’s and feeling much better. Trust me get it checked out before it turns into something big.

Jeff <><

Thanks a million for your input silversurfer,that makes me feel much more motivated to follow up and follow through with my treatment.That’s quite the eye opener that you are taking heart med’s for your sleep apnia.That’s really great that you are feeling better by taking your med’s.Thanks again and I’ll try harder to wear the oxygen more at night like I’m supposed to,it’s such a pain because it either falls off anyway’s while I’m sleeping or just plain drives my nuts’ with the machine running and the hose hanging all over my face and head.

SUCKS getting older! It actually does have some advantage, but royally sucks in other ways! What say you Steve (Ha! Ha!)

Your right,it does SUCK getting older.Although one thing is for sure that sucks for everyone and that is the fact that no matter who you are you can only go riding when you can and not whenever you want to.hahahaha.

Steve,

I hope you followed up with the doc already. My problem was more breathing and heart related. Once the heart med’s kicked in my breathing got a lot better. I just had a check up after 3 months and the doc said my heart is doing great. He said I can resume my workout which is surfing and mountain biking WooHoo!. So I am on the mend and just need to loose a few more pounds and eat better. Hope and praying for your health.
      Jeff <><

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.