Georgia riders

Tagged: 

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

Hey to all the Georgia riders! Just wanted to say whats up and get a roll call on here. Let everybody know where you’re riding, what’s new trailwise etc. I’ve been hitting Blankets a ton lately but time to get back to Chicopee. Wanting to get to Bull mountain soon as well.

Hello from the Augusta area. Closes trail from my house it FATS, SC (8miles away) with a bunch of single track within 15-30 minutes. As of late I have been riding more the "old school" trails like Keg Creek, Mistletoe, etc. Feel free to come down some weekend. There are a few others that post from the CSRA.

Hey guys, I’m Greg, currently living in Dahlonega. The closest trail system is the Bull/Jake trail system, which is pretty good.

"petermay" wrote

Wanting to get to Bull mountain soon as well.

If anyone ever wants to come up and ride, PM me and let me know!

I personally think we should set a date for a big GA/Southeast singletracks members meet-up. That would be a ton of fun!

As far as what’s going on with the trails, Bull Mountain area is riding really well right now. Conditions have been very dry, but we got some rain on Thursday that really helped pack the dust back down. Trails are currently running as good as they ever will be!

Another Atlanta guy here.

I ride all over to keep it fresh but the majority of my time has been spent in the Cohutta mountains lately.

Definitely need to get a GA members meet/greet ride together. I’m certainly in on that.

I live up north of Canton. Recently rode the new Taylor Randahl Memorial Trail at Olde Rope Mill Park in Woodstock and it’s terrific, really enjoyed it. I also ride and highly recommend Blanket’s Creek. When I lived in Roswell, Big Creek Park was a regular stop and that’s also a great set of trails, and there’s also a decent trail off the Alpharetta Greenway up past the YMCA. It’s not terribly challenging but it’s reasonably fun to ride.

Most of you know all this but for anyone just coming in, maybe the trail info will be helpful.

Going out to Chicopee Sat. if anyone is interested, also sunday we have started a ride at 8:30am at Blankets usually riding dwelling and VMT. Look for my bro Jr. he’ll be the one with the kneehigh socks and the beard can’t miss him. If you see us having a brew post ride stop by and say hey! 😄

Just had a nice long ride up here in Dahlonega yesterday. The trails are in perfect condition: not to dry, not too wet, but perfectly tacky! Hope everyone has a great weekend of riding!

hey guys Cartersville here. I ride blankets creek but going to hit up rope mill haven’t rode there in years before the new trails.

hey peeps, warner robins here…. been riding since march of this year and having a blast. only a couple local places down here to ride. thomson (yeah, the company) and the children’s industrial home also known as the pig trail. really wanted to make it up north this year, but it looks like that won’t happen until next year. io hear that chicopee is totally awesome. some down here say it’s better than fats.

i’m with greg about the big meet-up. i think that would be a blast for sure. hopefully i’ll be doing the ididaride down in florida in january.

Hey guys! Another rider from Acworth/Kennessaw. I mainly ride blankets and olde rope mill, but I love to ride new trails. I work in the freeflite bike shop on canton road as a mechanic. Message if you wanna ride, but I don’t have my liscense yet so I gotta get someone to drive me. Haha.

Yeah, I agree with GoldenGoose about getting the Georgia riders together.

Hey Dozzer, it’s a small world, I shop at freeflite on Roswell Rd. and ride with Sean one of thier employees on Sunday mornings at blankets, it’s becoming an every week ride and the group is growing every week. Let me know if you want to join us sometime and I might be able to find a way to pick you up as my brother lives in Acworth.

Sweet dude. Yeah Sean is a cool guy. Acctually he is my bus driver’s neighbor. Kinda weird. But yeah, I’ll try to get up there one morning. What time?

Also, we should all meet up at wafflehouse or something in early spring or late winter.

"Goo" wrote

Just had a nice long ride up here in Dahlonega yesterday. The trails are in perfect condition: not to dry, not too wet, but perfectly tacky! Hope everyone has a great weekend of riding!

On September 19th, I clipped a tree with my handlebars. Ended up fracturing my wrist. I can’t ride on the trails for the time being. But I took my clipless pedals off and slapped my platforms on and have been tearin’ up my neighborhood. 😼

Another Georgia rider. 15 mins from FATS. Been riding New Bartrams the most it seems. Hoping to give Turkey Creek, Wine Creek, and Modoc some love this weekend. 😃

rode ropemill on saturday man I love that place!!! We need to plan a get together ride.

Definately! We need to ride at blankets creek or somewhere that has a little bit of everything for everyone. But bandit, I might have seen you before at blankets. Haha 😆
      I try to go riding at least once a week. Mainly rope mill and blankets. But school and my job have been getting in the way. I despise literature! Ha. Hope everyone is enjoying this awesome weather!

Moved to the Warner Robins area from Athens in January. Ride the local trails during the week, but usually do Dauset on the weekends. I occasionally head north to hit my former local trails (Ft. Yargo, Heritage, Harbins, etc) and my favorites, Blankets and Chicopee.

Cartersville here. Ride Blankets weekly. All for a get together. Will be at Blankets this week Monday, Friday, and then Sunday the 1st.

ok i’m hitting Blankets tomorrow about 10ish I have to drop some motorcycles off in atlanta early and loading my bikes up in the trailer and taking them with me and heading straight to mountain bikeing after I leave atlanta. If you local guys have time head out I will be pulling a 12′ traile with racing logos on the side cant miss me. Hope to meet some new people I will have a few others with me I think.

Viewing 18 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.