Geez, any MTB’ers from Central Florida

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Ah come on, there are tons on riders in florida. They flock to the Great Mountains of central Florida. It is mainly chairlift downhill, and skiing right? 😆

I am more of a south florida Mtb’er, however I have ridden santos and all around fort pierce and stuart? Where are you?

I am from miami and I normally ride markham park or oleta, but my dad lives in port st lucie so every time I go up to his house I used to ride the fort pierce trail. I was so bummed when they closed that trail because it beats all of the others in the area and it was only 20 minutes from my house.

Personally I like markham park Better than Oleta, I think you may have the trails confused, because Markham park has more jumps and downhills and a much better flow than Oleta.?. Oleta has more roots and rocks that you have to navigate.
      And I have signed that petition as well, and the bike I ride is a Specialized Hardrock sport.

Well I have only ridden Santos out of those mentioned. Markham Park’s best trails are all advanced/expert and they are amazing trails, with alot of ups and downs and man made obstacles. I think I would rather ride Markham parks trails over Santos’ trails however I would rather go to Santos just because of the stunt area. However I only rode the beginner/intermediate trails at Santos when I went so I cant compare the Advanced trails at Markham to the advanced trails at Santos. Oleta is more cross country than Markham and Santos, and I like as much "black diamond" as I can get, which is why i don’t like it as much.

Sorry if that came out kind of confusing..

No Problem and same thanks to you for the info about Alafia and the trails at Santos. When I went to Santos I was actually going to go to Razorback instead, but I believe it was only open on weekends? and I was going during the week so I went to Santos and was not at all dissapointed. I will definitely ride those trails next time I head out to Santos. And theres no way I would do those insane drop offs but I do love all of the smaller drops and the jumps that I can actually do without risking my life.

And btw I was checking out your pics and I love your bikes. Very nice rides!

we are bummed , we just discovered trails in Palm Bay and now after TS Fay I think south shore will be damaged and I don’t know about Turkey Creek….we live in Jensen Beach…Halpat is probably not going to be rideable for a while and JD ?? Going to go check it out this weekend got 15 inches of rain so….. Dyer is probably trashed also,,,, But to answer your question yes we are Central Florida MTB’s….Have you rode anything in Volusia County????

What’s up Mongoose! Central Florida mt biker here. I live near Carter Rd and Alafia. I plan on riding Alafia in the morning. I am truly blessed to live close to the best trails in Florida. I am jonezin for Gran Canyon to open up in Brooksville…darn red tape. I sorely miss the TOE and Reddick. Reddick was by far the best trail in Florida and I wanted to cry myself to sleep many nights when it closed. I wish the state would have purchased that land to keep it open for mt bikers.

If you’re going to be in Ocala on Sept. 4th, that’s pretty impressive. You must have access to a time machine or somethin. 😆

Hey guys I am moving to Gainesville from Atlanta for grad school what should I expect, looking forward to experiencing new trails!

Thanks man, I am looking forward to discovering new dirt and I will be going to Santos the first chance I get, I will probably be able to go all day with no hills!

St. Petersburg / Tampa here… I have been riding Alafia very often lately, and did Boyette for the first time a week or so ago. I am down in Miami once a month for work, and I ride Markham park every time I am down there. Have not ridden Oleta in a while, nor Quiet Waters. But, when I lived down there, I frequented them all the time.

Getting ready to deploy to the box again… so my riding is gonna be shelved for a while.

Cheers!

New guy to the area looking for someone to give me the tour de santos, I live in gainesville let me know? Bueller?

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.