Garmin Connect

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

j14

I have tried to download a couple of trails from singletracks and upload them to my Garmin Connect account and it is not working. I am downloading the .gpx files from single tracks and when I try to upload them to Garmin Connect I receive the following message "Some activities could not be created.".

Anyone know what the problem might be?

It looks that the issue might be an incompatibility between ST.com’s and Garmins format. Searching the web, it seems the error occurs when you try to import a file in the GPX 1.0 format while Garmin is expecting a format of 1.1.

There was a workaround thread on the Garmin forums, but maybe Jeff can elaborate on whether this is actually the issue as well as whether they may be able to upgrade the GPX format that the site uses if it is.

j14

I tried both things that you mentioned and neither seem to work for me. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Hopefully there is a workaround, as I joined this site so that I could hopefully use the .gpx files from here to help me navigate some good trails in my area using my new Garmin 810.

What’s the best way to get in touch with the guy who manages this site, or the person from this site who might be able to help with this.

Thanks again for the help!

Submitting a trouble ticket would be the most sure-fire way of getting help.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.