Fork settings for DJ

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I’m riding a Kona Shred with the Marzoci Dirt Jump 4 forks. As my skill has improved a little, I’m going bigger and higher and everytime I land off a jump my forks are bottoming out hard. Do I just need to turn them up a little stiffer or do they need rebuilt?

if they’re bottoming out asnd you have adjustable compression try turning the compression all the way up. if you have adjustable rebound try getting it as fast as possible until it starts to feel like it;s jerking a little bit, then back off of it. if there’s no adjustable compression you might be able to have the spring changed in the fork if you send it in. if it’s simply performing badly then maybe they can service it. not familiar with the fork, but hope this helps.

Since I made this post, I have researched the DJ 4 forks a little more. I found out they are grease filled with double springs. They only have compression adjustments, no rebound adjustments. I have found out they don’t make this fork anymore and I didn’t read to many good things about it. But I own it, so I’m going to try to make it work.

Thanks man! I just started riding mtn bikes this year and it just worked out that I ended up with a shred. When I was younger i rode freestyle, so i normaly went to dirt jump. I ride XC also but my passion is dirt jump. I’ve built the jump in my back yard and I work daily trying to get better and make my jump better. Any help you guys can give me will appreciated. I love the extreme stuff!!!

I have a question. If I pull my dj 4 forks apart and put heavier spring in them, can I replace the grease packing with oil and would that help anything?

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.