"Fixation" and "Pedal Driven" on NetFlix

Tagged: 

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

Last night watched "Fixation" on NetFlix. Documentary about fixed geared bikes. It was focused on San Fran and LA riding scene (non-mt bikiking) Very interesting.

also saw "Pedal Driven" a week or so back. Documentry on the mt bike/USFS relationship from poached trails to legal building of them.

I have watched fixations few months back but I will need to look up pedal driven!!

Fixation got me through a couple sessions on the spin bike. I’ll have to check out Pedal Driven tonight. Thanks for the heads up!

"jtorlando25" wrote

Fixation got me through a couple sessions on the spin bike. I’ll have to check out Pedal Driven tonight. Thanks for the heads up!

Hehe, Netflix is my spinning savior as well. I’ve got a totally ghetto setup of my bike with a laptop on top of a table in front of it and I watch movies to forget that I’ll be sitting there for 2 hrs. 😀

I thought that Pedal Driven was a very interesting documentary. I watched it last week on Universal Sports. It killed me to see some of the stunts tore down and discarded. The outcome of the movie is excellent, and a good example of what can be done with compromise and collaboration.

Sweet, I haven’t seen Pedal Driven yet. I’ll definitely add that to my instant queue.

"mtbgreg1" wrote

Sweet, I haven’t seen Pedal Driven yet. I’ll definitely add that to my instant queue.

Really good watch, just saw Fixation after that….I think I would pass out trying to get up one hill with one of those….

Fixation became the first documentary about bicycles I couldn’t make it all the way through. While I enjoyed seeing the craftsmanship of the bikes, it’s hard to swallow a "documentary" in which people are unwilling to tell you why they really do something.

From the movie:

Why do you ride fixies?
      Because I heard it’s safer than reaching for the brake.
      Because it’s more simple and although it’s unlikely, those plastic parts can break and it’s expensive(from a gentleman riding a bike that’s worth more than my car)
      Because it’s quiet(during a shot of him riding through an intersection with 8-10 cars driving by)

Why not just state the obvious?

Why do you ride fixies?
      Because it makes me feel superior to those with less archaic forms of travel and it helps me think of myself as an individual, just like the other 40 tatt sleeved hipsters with ill-fitting beanies and earrings that can double as frisbees that you’ve seen in this movie.

Schwim. I lol’d 😆

word!

Ok, Pedal-Driven is now available on Docurama, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and iTunes! And I think if you look around you will find it more places!

Thank you for sharing. Havnt seen these yet

Watched Pedal Driven last night on the recommendation from this thread. What a great documentary, the content and for the most part the cinematography was excellent. Some of the shots of the riding seemed a little to blurred at some points, maybe I’m being a little to picky!

What they are doing in Bend is just amazing, if only i could convince my none MTBing family member (better know to me as my wife) that we need to take a vacation in Bend so I could MTB my world would be a better place.

Thanks for the recommendation brianW.

I watched Pedal Driven on Saturday night and loved it! Thanks for the recommendation guys!

"mtbgreg1" wrote

I watched Pedal Driven on Saturday night and loved it! Thanks for the recommendation guys!

Same here. I want to get some of my riding buddies to watch it. I think it has the power to open some peoples’ eyes to preservation and trail advocacy.

"jtorlando25" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":27hptlc7]I watched Pedal Driven on Saturday night and loved it! Thanks for the recommendation guys!

Same here. I want to get some of my riding buddies to watch it. I think it has the power to open some peoples’ eyes to preservation and trail advocacy.[/quote:27hptlc7]

True that!

How about that bike park under the bridge, in Seattle, if I remember correctly, in Pedal Driven? That looked awesome! I would travel just to check that out!

Also, after watching the movie, I would travel to Leavenworth for a weekend or week to check out the area. I had never heard of it before watching the movie. I think this speaks to the maturity our sport is gaining. As a lot of us have been riding for quite a while (getting older…), we are at the point where we can travel to different areas for a vacation/ride. I remember when I started out, the only places people really traveled to were Moab, Downieville and one or two other places. Makes sense that different areas would realize the money we are willing to plop down for a fun weekend of riding and relaxing!

I remember when I started out, the only places people really traveled to were Moab, Downieville and one or two other places. Makes sense that different areas would realize the money we are willing to plop down for a fun weekend of riding and relaxing!

In my book, traveling to ride is one of the major things that make this sport so much fun!

"schwim" wrote

Why not just state the obvious?

Why do you ride fixies?

[quote:3q6hea5s]Because it makes me feel superior to those with less archaic forms of travel and it helps me think of myself as an individual, just like the other 40 tatt sleeved hipsters with ill-fitting beanies and earrings that can double as frisbees that you’ve seen in this movie.

[/quote:3q6hea5s]

LMAO thats hilarious i really need to watch these two movies.

Thanks for the head’s up! I’ll be all over [i:lwoji5rp]Pedal Driven [/i:lwoji5rp]tonight!

Viewing 18 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.