first time on singletrack with my son

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

So I decieded to take my son on some trails that are wide enought for the trailer and he had a blast. At 3 months shy of 3 yrs. old…

after the ride just chillin’ at the shop…

most of the pictures are from the round up trail and 2 or 3 from the redraock trail…

That is awesome, the little dude looks like he is having fun !! My baby boy is 13. Hope yours enjoys the trails as much as mine !!

Awesome, looks like a blast!

We’re just starting to take our little girl on bike rides – though so far we’ve stuck to the pavement. She’s not quite 2 yet and even on the road she seems to bounce around a lot in the trailer – maybe I need to weigh it down with cinder blocks. 😀 Our trailer is a doublewide so I don’t think it would work well on singletrack anyway – even taking it on the sidewalk is tight.

Right on!!!

My 6 yo graduated to a trailing bike when he was 4-1/2. We can now hit almost any singletrack or fire road that is not too technical (Gold Camp Road, Cheyenne Mountain State Park, Monument Preserve, Greenland Open Space, Salida Mountain Trails, Midland Trail in BV etc.). Great training hauling the kiddo around, as well as fun to get out and enjoy nature.

"trek7k" wrote

We’re just starting to take our little girl on bike rides – though so far we’ve stuck to the pavement. She’s not quite 2 yet and even on the road she seems to bounce around a lot in the trailer – maybe I need to weigh it down with cinder blocks. 😀 Our trailer is a doublewide so I don’t think it would work well on singletrack anyway – even taking it on the sidewalk is tight.

The truth finally comes out about how Trek7k trained for that "29 trails in 29 days thing".

"trek7k" wrote

Yeah we have a double wide as well that we use for fire roads, pavement, greenways or trails like santa fe, mom pulls our 11month oid daughter and I pull our son… Good times 😃 😃 😃
      the double trailer can get tight in some places. I find that putting my pack in the trailer used to help weight it down…lol

can he use a camera? if so let him take a few while riding……..

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

"brianW" wrote

can he use a camera? if so let him take a few while riding……..

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

He knows how to use a disposable camera, not a bad idea. My buddy is gonna let me use his gopro and we are gonna set it up inside to catch some of his expretions mainly for the DH ride…
      It’s should be great! I’ll def keep you guys posted…

"trek7k" wrote

Does yours have suspension? I’ve seen some before with shocks on the wheels… they were pricey though!

@Buddah
      , glad you guys had a great ride! Nice photos… I miss CO!

Thanks Goo..

Red Rocks, fun place. Tight spots with a trailer. Great pics!

rock on!

"Funrover" wrote

Red Rocks, fun place. Tight spots with a trailer. Great pics!

There is definetly tight spots on some sections 😮 😀 I really liked hitting switchbacks with the trailer in tow 😆

This reminds me of last summer when a rode Falcon Trail with a group. One of the guys was on an Ellsworth tandem with his 11 year old son. They cranked that beast around some switchbacks that I had trouble with!

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.