First ride photos of the new year

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author

So we just added a function that (hopefully) makes it easy to share photos on the forums and I want to see how it works!

In the reply form, click the icon on the right that looks like a photo. Then, in the “Source” box, click the icon to the right that looks like a folder with a magnifying glass. Choose the photo from your computer, and that should be it!

Here are a couple pics from early this year.

Trail work at Southside Park in the city of Atlanta. Not me driving the excavator… I was stuck working with hand tools. 🙂

Riding in north Georgia with Paul just before the new year. The water was raging on Canada Creek!

Here’s a screen shot showing where to click to grab your photo. So meta!

First ride of the year, North Backbone trail in Salida!

Testing, testing

Brrrr. At least snow is better than the rain we’ve been having in Georgia…

That looks like my kind of ride schwim!

That was a ride up in SCMBC Trails in Oro Medonte Ontario Canada.

Thumb Butte area in Prescott, AZ

Coming down from Hangover in Sedona, AZ

From my last ride 21 Dec. Horse Thief Bench.

Love seeing all those blue skies! Been pretty overcast in Georgia what feels like weeks…

First snow ride of the year.

From the great state of Maine….Nightime Fatbiking at Sugatloaf in Carrabassett Valley is awesome right now

Do you guys have alot of fat bike trails in the winter that are groomed or just broken into by traffic? Just wondering if it’s worth the drive from Toronto?

DH Mike,

At Sugatloaf, there’s a decent amount of trails that are groomed.  The network of trails is managed by 3 groups: Carrabassett Region NEMBA, Maine Huts and Trails, and Sugatloaf Outdoor Center (nordic trail system).   So a lot of shared use trails mostly with XC skiers & snow shoes.  You should note that not every trail is groomed, and only a fraction of the Sugatloaf nordic trails allow biking, but the other 2 trail systems are open to biking.   If you are into skiing,  the best bet is to parlay a alpine skiiing at Sugarloaf with fat biking as conditions can be so fickle with fat biking (and Sugarloaf is an awesome Mtn).  Check out the websites for the 3 groups I mentioned for more info.  And if you don’t make it in the winter come in summer  or better yet in the fall,  when the entire network of trails is wide open 100’s of miles of remote riding & great views!  Shred it up!

Thanks

Wife’s bike on beach multi-use trail at Mala Compra.

After a 350m climb.  -15 celsius felt hot that day!

Where was this? I am always looking for new places to ride in the winter.

Not so easy on mobile. The selector doesn’t scale so the photo icon is off to the right and you have to go fishing for it. This is on Android / Firefox, and it rotated my photo.

Photo of Annadel state Park Jan 2nd. Santa Rosa CA

First ride of year Bedford Reservation near Cleveland OH.

The Barber Family still rocking it with the best biking website of all time !

Sedona after all the recent rains have cleared out…

Not my first ride this year … but the first one I took pics on ????

Viewing 20 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.