EuroBike Pictures

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

EuroBike[/url]

The new Yeti 575 looks……..like a Nomad?

Hmmmm…I think I still want one. 😃

Wow, DT Swiss carbon forks? Interesting. Wonder how much those babies cost?

Yeah, I though that too about the 575. There’s a big thread about it on MTBR. I like the main-frame design, a lot better than the old one that looked like it’d snap like a twig, but I don’t dig the carbon rear triangle much. Plus the seatstay bridge looks like it’ll just work like a mud scraper, especially with a tire bigger than 2.35. With what I know about carbon components, a good sized ding from a thrown rock could cause the thing to fail sooner rather than later, if not crack it outright.
      So if Yeti offers an aluminum rear swingarm with the new 575 design, that’d be sweet. But they certainly did take a page from Santa Cruz’s book on that thing, didn’t they? 😏

I love both the new 575 and the new AS-R Carbon (and the sl version too). They are offering an aluminum rear triangle for the 575. And, yeah they did take Santa Cruz’s design for the front of the 575 but who isn’t right now. Just look at the Enduro and new Stumpjumper. Anyway, I found on MTBR that the new AS-R Carbon frame weighs just under 4 pounds. That is amazingly light for a full suspension bike. I can’t wait to see these bikes in person. 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃

You want amazingly light? Find an ’06 Fat PossumXO (w/ DUC32) and heft it. I don’t know the frame weight by itself, but the whole bike weighed 27lbs. Try finding a 6"-travel AM bike under 28lbs without being full carbon now!

The 575 is 5.75 inches and it is about 26-27 pounds. The AS-R C will easily be 23-24 pounds fully equiped.

The new yeti 7 frame is also going to way seven pounds, which probably means the bike will weigh around 28-29 pounds with an extra inch of travel then the possum.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.